Working Bedlingtons 2005

Morton I have black dogs that know the job-I don't see where the belittling comes from?-you have a very high opinion of yourself? you seem to have a big chip on your shoulders imo-sure I could wade through the dreamers and bullshitters f**k me this site got loads and ive met more than my fair share before and after the invention of the www.same as I could go lick arse for the so called best black dogs-but I don't muff anyone's arse not to go digging f**k all -even if they got what I think I might want/need im self sufficient pal. I'm no fool and won't waste my time when I have dogs here I've bred myself for the job.I have an interest in beddys as my Oldman and uncles had them late 60s up until the 80s-I asked my Oldman about them he said you won't find a good un these days stick to your black dogs son,which my Oldman got for me as it goes ,and I still have dogs bred down from the first two,surely if you had their best interest at heart you would be finding the work for them with digging men? I find you a strange sort morton-each to their own.atb dc

if you had wanted a genuine Working Beddy would you have gone to your "Oldman" to source one?.I may come across as a twat with a fecking big Beddy chip on his shoulder,ive possibly the shoulders to bear that burden yet in reality my only ambition in working terrier life is to attempt to get my message across that their are honest working terriers available that are befitting the Beddy monicur.If it came across that i was belittling you that was not my intent,my intent was to attempt to prove that there are genuine lads about that have the Bedlingtons ambition as a grafter higher than their own.Ive also owned Black dogs,i still own Beddy,s and will never own another Black,ill always have a Black and Tan in the kennel though,ive always been a strange sort,possibly why i champion the Beddy,happy hunting and listen to your elder relations mucker.

Edited by morton

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

anyone who thinks the bedlington was ever a breed...has been living in the romanticism's that terrier work just doesn't need....the bedlington the fell the Russell the lakey and now the patt are not and have never been breeds! there all terrier types, and Morton your sounding like you have something special when in reality you have a type you call bedlington, which is just doing what every other type with the word terrier at the end should be doing! which is going to ground and enjoy working fox! Only terrier men understand that a terrier is for work, and work to a terrier is going to ground to either evict its quarry or stay there doing a proper shift.... and making sure the jobs completed...the job of the man who works terriers correctly and for the future not the NOW is to make sure he breeds correctly puts them out to walk correctly, and sometimes that just cant be done between mates they have to go to yards were making not breaking them is there key to survival. if your as confident about them as you sound put some out to walk in decent yards...get some feed back...

I don,t believe ive ever seen a more naive post on here,bloody hell ive seen some.Terriers were often bred to be breed specific,its in the name,Border,Fell,Lakey,Bedlington,Russel.Cairn,Norfolk,etc.etc.etc.Ive more than 1 in other working kennels.The bedlington as a breed specific terrier can trace earlier ancestry than many Fell bred uns and his accountable for many a Lakey and Black terrier lineage.

from books?? no disrespect intended but you sound like crufts, don't listen to the name why terriers were named, what would a village reverend infused with the whole KC beginning know about terrriers when he bought his superior stud dog off a milk man! do you really think patterdale is a new breed? named after a village or place? as I said they are types not breeds I have terriers here far superior in stature and more relevant to their ancestors than was at crufts in the terrier section I call them russells and they look and bark like russells but there not pure russells! My da has a wee westie he kills rats lives outside will work a patch of cover on a walk has even found a fox or 2 hes a tank looks like a westie barks like a westie but hes not full westie!

from books?? no disrespect intended but you sound like crufts, don't listen to the name why terriers were named, what would a village reverend infused with the whole KC beginning know about terrriers when he bought his superior stud dog off a milk man! do you really think patterdale is a new breed? named after a village or place? as I said they are types not breeds I have terriers here far superior in stature and more relevant to their ancestors than was at crufts in the terrier section I call them russells and they look and bark like russells but there not pure russells! My da has a wee westie he kills rats lives outside will work a patch of cover on a walk has even found a fox or 2 hes a tank looks like a westie barks like a westie but hes not full westie!

I rarely read books and detest crufts,the facts are that many a terrier was bred to graft and then bred to be breed specific to its location and the nearest thing to a Patterdale is a Black and Tan terrier and not a Black un,something i never learnt from a book,Middleton and his mucker recounted that to me in an Ale house,i paid the beer tab for my education.The amount of Russels about now that are breed specific and owe more to their Black and Tan Ancestry,something else i never read yet learnt in the same pub that Middleton sold one of his white Lakeys to Gouldy.Ive visited many a village,it must have rubbed off on me.

I asked the oldman-he told me the last tidy beddy he dug to was around 81/83-the last one he kept was a dog called rambo that I remember growing up, he was pulled apart around 88 by some prick who kept greyhounds near where we lived-and that he was half red fell in his breeding -my dad's mate brought his sire from Yorkshire way and payed a few hundred pound back then in the 80s for it.the Oldman got out of terriers when he left my mam in 91 and went to work in saudi-still works away so won't have a dog,he always says that you can't beat a good Russell for an allrounder them blacks are to rough lol.atb dc

• Like 1

I asked the oldman-he told me the last tidy beddy he dug to was around 81/83-the last one he kept was a dog called rambo that I remember growing up, he was pulled apart around 88 by some prick who kept greyhounds near where we lived-and that he was half red fell in his breeding -my dad's mate brought his sire from Yorkshire way and payed a few hundred pound back then in the 80s for it.the Oldman got out of terriers when he left my mam in 91 and went to work in saudi-still works away so won't have a dog,he always says that you can't beat a good Russell for an allrounder them blacks are to rough lol.atb dc

If you Oldman is a Russel fan id stop listening to his advice :angel: ,rambo in the Beddy world is a dirty word.

I rarely read books and detest crufts,the facts are that many a terrier was bred to graft and then bred to be breed specific to its location and the nearest thing to a Patterdale is a Black and Tan terrier and not a Black un,something i never learnt from a book,Middleton and his mucker recounted that to me in an Ale house,i paid the beer tab for my education.The amount of Russels about now that are breed specific and owe more to their Black and Tan Ancestry,something else i never read yet learnt in the same pub that Middleton sold one of his white Lakeys to Gouldy.Ive visited many a village,it must have rubbed off on me.

breed specific.. a terrier should be bred to go to ground, but there going to ground and going to Australia, and when you finally get to Australia the folk with you have to know how to get there in the first place safe...its 2016 not 1906... but its the tinternet.... folk can google what they want!

breed specific.. a terrier should be bred to go to ground, but there going to ground and going to Australia, and when you finally get to Australia the folk with you have to know how to get there in the first place safe...its 2016 not 1906... but its the tinternet.... folk can google what they want!

Working terriers were often bred with groundwork as their mainstay and the were bred to suit that function,then in individual areas,especially the Fells they were bred to be working bred specific,fact.Thus the Border,Lakeland,Fell,Bedlington and Patterdale became breed and area specific,at times they evolved from a common ancestry,long before google and being able to read.Many a terrier breed evolved because of the area they grafted in,long,long,long before their owners could read a book or had access to google.

Working terriers were often bred with groundwork as their mainstay and the were bred to suit that function,then in individual areas,especially the Fells they were bred to be working bred specific,fact.Thus the Border,Lakeland,Fell,Bedlington and Patterdale became breed and area specific,at times they evolved from a common ancestry,long before google and being able to read.Many a terrier breed evolved because of the area they grafted in,long,long,long before their owners could read a book or had access to google.

One word for that-shameful imho-no need to film such a shambles-if I ever had the displeasure to be in such company I'd be up on a abh charge I think,how long ago was that filmed?must be before the ban could hear the old grey box going.atb dc

• Like 2

Don't no that much about bedlingtons but I didn't think they were bread to dig.I have been told that they were originally named the rothberry terrier for minors in the north to kill rats down the mine as they had a bit leg about them to kill rat.but would like to try a decent one as a General all round terrier.