Working Bedlingtons 2005

well done everyone...that was a very interesting read while weall must strive and try to improve the breed we must all so be honest and not breed from rubbish just for a few quid . it is very hard to breed qaulity in every litter and there can be a lot of variation in each pup ....as for catching rabbits on the run ...they might scare a few but thats as close as they will get...as s. j . rightly says about getting our dogs to work to ground that is fine if you have plenty of foxes in your area....i dont ..these dogs if pointed in the right direction at an early age can perform many tasks they will run with hounds ...retrieve ducks of a pond.....track wounded deer....and be used in the beating line but if they peg a bird make sure the keeper dont catch you :11:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

jack you asked if they are KC yes mine are , as for work i can only say what ive seen my bitches work and the studs work now my liver pup has started and she is the 3rd gen of my breeding, but i had a couple of boys up and thay had hybrid stuff and they wer'nt intrested quite happy above ground but no go below, also with working beddies and hybrids for over 20 yrs ive seen wastage on both fronts because of size and go or lack of it that why i say its got to be working my preferenceis to use all kc stuff as there is some there if you look, before anybody jumps in i don't do i for the money as i sell my stuff cheaper than the hybrid boys do.i only breed when i need a replacment

Hybred

Same here Hybred My KC giant has plenty of grit and works as good as any other dog I have seen above ground ,he tries to go to ground until his big chest gets stuck and then he starts to dig I have been curious how deep he will dig if left him ,but I am usually were I should not be if you get what I mean :D

snippet taken from Reload's posted article. Cheers Reload.

My question is to those of you out there that do work their Bedlingtons to ground on a regular basis which of these two categories does yours fall into?

What dogs past or present that you have seen have excelled at their game??

Here's one whos future is destined to be Working to Ground.

snippet taken from Reload's posted article. Cheers Reload.

My question is to those of you out there that do work their Bedlingtons to ground on a regular basis which of these two categories does yours fall into?

What dogs past or present that you have seen have excelled at their game?? 

Here's one whos future is destined to be Working to Ground.

what to say, i m completely satisfied with my dog, he is great in his work, superb on wild pigs great under ground, goes down , try to drive off the fox and if not he kill it.

I had a bitch that came from somerset she worked on rats and rabbits well but when it came to foxes in cover she was a bit to shy for my liking, she was a shade small in the bone for my liking so i put her to a dog that complimented her faults, i sold all of the pups and am keeping an eye on their progress, only time will tell. But next time around i wont breed unless both the sire and dam have proven themselves to the full.

A saying in the coursing world is that you put the best to the best and hope for the best if we all do that we'll make progress. I have a pup now that looks to be shaping up well she is coming up 7 months old and is still easily spannable and about 14" to the shoulder, she is taking after my russell bitch so if she works like her she'll be fine, i'll try and get some pics of her

Guest dazzert66

I've got both types, my bitch is a bayer and doesn't get bit much but she'll stay all day on the other hand my dog is a lunatic mute and gets hold and stays put till yuo pull him off good for foxes but over here in france we hunt other things which can make a bit of a mess of your dog so I keep him off those now but both dogs are ace above ground also on rabbit, boar, and pyrenean wild cats.

my dog is a lunatic mute and gets hold and stays put till yuo pull him off

& thats just you Daz, LOL, you must get through some wax coats LOL.

Seriously though :11:  get a photo of the pup out of Biff, Lupo I think, when I saw it, it was at least the right colour :ph34r: might have had a chance of sommat for digging if he had covered Eve instead of just thrusting on his own like michael jackson.

Any tried black fell over a bedlington? I think Turk had one. Any good?

YIS WAZ

We bred Yogi, the liver dog back to a rough Fell bitch produced 2 good fox killing bitches and a dog that turned out a bit of a handful, was killing anything moving at 7 months.... trouble was he got to be a fighter and a feckin nuisance so the chap found him a new home... don't know what happened to him after that.

One of the bitches had thrown a litter of pups back to a bedlington, my mates got a dog out of this breeding, hopefully will turn out good. Pic below.

Turk got a 1/2 cross Fell Bedlington, heard some good reports on this dog any chance of some pics Turk....

my old bitch will go in and if the fox won't bolt she will just finnish it there and then. where her daughter and the rest will nip and duck if it won't bolt she will stay untill you dig there. the sire of the liver pup he will try and draw them

Hybred