Working Bedlingtons 2005

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

6 to 700 quid is that what the going rate is for one of them then?

put me down for 3 of em :whistling:

i take my hat of to all you people are who are trying to keep the working beddy alive and doing what it was bred to do.

before i joined this site i had no idea about what this breed of dog was ment to be used for and to be honest if i saw one of the fluffy show types being walked i would have thought oh my god look at that poodle thing. i guess what im trying to say is thanks to all the people on this site who have educated me about the true beddy.

think we can all tell that by the length of the 'working bedlingtons 2005' thread that the breed generates a fair bit of intrest and long may it continue.

swanseajack you started the thread so i think a big :notworthy: is in order :yes:

on a last note,if i now see one of the fluffy show types being walked i now think 'what a shame' :doh:

have to agree with you mate, hats off to the few people trying to keep the breed going world wide.. and yes i also agree about the show dogs, but not everyone who loves beddys want to dig with them.. i just think its a shame they want to get rid of the workers all together :censored:

i take my hat of to all you people are who are trying to keep the working beddy alive and doing what it was bred to do.

before i joined this site i had no idea about what this breed of dog was ment to be used for and to be honest if i saw one of the fluffy show types being walked i would have thought oh my god look at that poodle thing. i guess what im trying to say is thanks to all the people on this site who have educated me about the true beddy.

think we can all tell that by the length of the 'working bedlingtons 2005' thread that the breed generates a fair bit of intrest and long may it continue.

swanseajack you started the thread so i think a big :notworthy: is in order :yes:

on a last note,if i now see one of the fluffy show types being walked i now think 'what a shame' :doh:

have to agree with you mate, hats off to the few people trying to keep the breed going world wide.. and yes i also agree about the show dogs, but not everyone who loves beddys want to dig with them.. i just think its a shame they want to get rid of the workers all together :censored:

yeah fair point but just because people like the breed but dont want to work them dont imo mean you should selactive breed for traits that totaly change the look of said breed

yeah fair point but just because people like the breed but dont want to work them dont imo mean you should selactive breed for traits that totaly change the look of said breed

yes i totally agree but not everyone is like us two :wallbash:, aslong as them fluffy white shites are winning shows and winning the owners money they will want to make theyre breed whiter and fluffier... thats why we want to get some working beddy shows running, and let people know what the real bedlington is like.

yes i totally agree but not everyone is like us two :wallbash:, aslong as them fluffy white shites are winning shows and winning the owners money they will want to make theyre breed whiter and fluffier... thats why we want to get some working beddy shows running, and let people know what the real bedlington is like.

:thumbs:

SJ, don't tell me with all your efforts you have no male to put her to ?

:icon_eek: Nothin that I have seen as yet, nothin that I have got excited about, I know of one or two that I would consider...........

what I would like is for someone/anyone to come out of the woodwork and show me on here a GOOD DIGGING dog that would be suitable to use..

C'MON THEN>>>>

Milly on the right..

new20051553.jpg

another...

amil.jpg

an eye opener for the chap holding Milly and the fox, she drew it out before he could dig her :clapper:

milb3.jpg

HI SWANSEA THAT BITCH HAD 8 PUPS ALL DOING WELL

SJ, don't tell me with all your efforts you have no male to put her to ?

:icon_eek: Nothin that I have seen as yet, nothin that I have got excited about, I know of one or two that I would consider...........

what I would like is for someone/anyone to come out of the woodwork and show me on here a GOOD DIGGING dog that would be suitable to use..

C'MON THEN>>>>

Milly on the right..

new20051553.jpg

another...

amil.jpg

an eye opener for the chap holding Milly and the fox, she drew it out before he could dig her :clapper:

milb3.jpg

HI SWANSEA THAT BITCH HAD 8 PUPS ALL DOING WELL COCO

I think all of us here feel the same about the direction show Beddies have taken, and most probably understand how and why it has happened. To give them their due, they make wonderful pets, which is all most people want. I'm one of them, really. My pup (if he's still a pup at 11 months) is a show-bred Beddie, and he's a fabulous little fellow. He's not an extreme show type, but I don't think he'll have a lot of work in him, other than maybe chasing a few rabbits (and don't start on what terrier work is or isn't - I'm not addressing that here).

Some show breeders are uneasy at the distance the breed has moved from the working type, and would to go back in that direction. It's not easy, though. Given that they essentially are show oriented people, they must use KC registered stock for the pedigrees etc, so can't cross in real workers. All they can do is seek KC registered lines that are more worky than usual show lines - such as the Granitor dogs.

As I've said here before, I'd prefer working to show Beddies, but can't get one here, so what do I do? I enjoy my show bred dog for the qualities he has. These dogs are not shite - they are admirable dogs for the purposes of most owners. They are shite for traditional terrier work.

I think all of us here feel the same about the direction show Beddies have taken, and most probably understand how and why it has happened. To give them their due, they make wonderful pets, which is all most people want. I'm one of them, really. My pup (if he's still a pup at 11 months) is a show-bred Beddie, and he's a fabulous little fellow. He's not an extreme show type, but I don't think he'll have a lot of work in him, other than maybe chasing a few rabbits (and don't start on what terrier work is or isn't - I'm not addressing that here).

Some show breeders are uneasy at the distance the breed has moved from the working type, and would to go back in that direction. It's not easy, though. Given that they essentially are show oriented people, they must use KC registered stock for the pedigrees etc, so can't cross in real workers. All they can do is seek KC registered lines that are more worky than usual show lines - such as the Granitor dogs.

As I've said here before, I'd prefer working to show Beddies, but can't get one here, so what do I do? I enjoy my show bred dog for the qualities he has. These dogs are not shite - they are admirable dogs for the purposes of most owners. They are shite for traditional terrier work.

if thats related to my post about them being shite, i don't disagree by them being great pets and i'm not saying they are any worse off than working stock as pets but as a beddy owner and enthusiast for the breed i am saddened that the show people and organisers want to keep ruining the little remaining workers there is, it doesnt mean nothing to the show people if the working lines become extinct, infact i bet they would be glad (the majority, i know show people with workers also). its more the owners and show organisers/judges of the shows that makes me more angry than the dogs themselves, after all its not the dogs fault.

BUT this topic is turning into the topic that every bedlington chat turns into when it comes to discussing the breed so i've put my six pence in and i will shut up now.

never the less i've seen some great pictures in this thread... good job lads.

1001 NOW I DONT MIND ANYBODY SHOWING THERE DOG WHAT I HATE IS IF YOU CHOOSE TO OWN A DOG BE IT A BEDLINGTON OR WHATEVER AND WANT TO SHOW IT THATS FINE BUT STOP FCKING ABOUT WITH THEM TO ALTER THERE TRAIT TERRIERS ARE TERRIERS AND SHOULD REMAIN TERRIERS DOING WHAT TERRIERS WERE MEANT TO DO, HUNT!! NOT GET ALL PONSED UP LIKE FLUFFY BALLS NO USE TO MAN NOR BEAST. I MAY BE A GRUMPY OLD GIT BUT IF AINT BROKE DONT TRY AND FIX IT. :angry:

1001 NOW I DONT MIND ANYBODY SHOWING THERE DOG WHAT I HATE IS IF YOU CHOOSE TO OWN A DOG BE IT A BEDLINGTON OR WHATEVER AND WANT TO SHOW IT THATS FINE BUT STOP FCKING ABOUT WITH THEM TO ALTER THERE TRAIT TERRIERS ARE TERRIERS AND SHOULD REMAIN TERRIERS DOING WHAT TERRIERS WERE MEANT TO DO, HUNT!! NOT GET ALL PONSED UP LIKE FLUFFY BALLS NO USE TO MAN NOR BEAST. I MAY BE A GRUMPY OLD GIT BUT IF AINT BROKE DONT TRY AND FIX IT. :angry:

Couldnt agree more :victory:

BUT this topic is turning into the topic that every bedlington chat turns into when it comes to discussing the breed so i've put my six pence in and i will shut up now.

Oh no it's not... :boxing: Where ???? this topic is and will be about working Bedlingtons... So come on then get them pics up Lads... I wanted to post on the 1000th post ya fuckers as this is also my 1000th post,... I did plan to do a good write up and add some pics but you lot beat me to it... Never mind :pardon:

As an aside; Terrier Lad, what's your background with Bedlingtons what have you had and worked in the past, have you had many digging/working bedlingtons... any pics of them ???

Coco's got pups out of a good digging bitch bred back to a chocolate fell dog if anyone interested... 2 bitches 6 dogs...

Oh no it's not... :boxing: Where ???? this topic is and will be about working Bedlingtons... So come on then get them pics up Lads... I wanted to post on the 1000th post ya fuckers as this is also my 1000th post,... I did plan to do a good write up and add some pics but you lot beat me to it... Never mind :pardon:

As an aside; Terrier Lad, what's your background with Bedlingtons what have you had and worked in the past, have you had many digging/working bedlingtons... any pics of them ???

Coco's got pups out of a good digging bitch bred back to a chocolate fell dog if anyone interested... 2 bitches 6 dogs...

im currently 17 years old so my whole hunting life is limmited, millie my 6 month old bedlington is my 1st but wanted one since i first saw one when i was 14... been bushing and ratting with 2 border terriers since i was 10 now gone onto the bedlington scene where i hope to stay, i'd like to help conserve the working strains.

i may only rat and rabbit but i also follow digging and love looking at pictures from your days out cheers.