Working Bedlingtons 2005

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

Last year I noticed that the coat on a Bedlington of mine was a lot softer than it used to be, I had started to use clippers and was aware using them rather than scissors would soften the coat but not to the extent it did!......consequently I stopped using the clippers reverted back to scissors and a stripping comb and have noticed the coats have vastly improved.

So if you have a Bedlington with a poor coat ditch the clippers and hand strip it.

Anyone else tried clippers?

Printer

Guest bedlington

Last year I noticed that the coat on a Bedlington of mine was a lot softer than it used to be, I had started to use clippers and was aware using them rather than scissors would soften the coat but not to the extent it did!......consequently I stopped using the clippers reverted back to scissors and a stripping comb and have noticed the coats have vastly improved.

So if you have a Bedlington with a poor coat ditch the clippers and hand strip it.

Yes mate take mine in to be clipped and my liver dogs coat has gone soft, but theyve only been done twice this year. My mate clips two of his borders and 5there coat has gone soft as opposed to his younger dogs which he strips

Yes mate take mine in to be clipped and my liver dogs coat has gone soft, but theyve only been done twice this year. My mate clips two of his borders and 5there coat has gone soft as opposed to his younger dogs which he strips

Hand stripping will always bring out a better coat, clippers I have found in the past as already stated by Printer brings out a fluffier, lighter coat.

Saying that, I clipped both my dogs at the beginning of summer because it was easier and gets the coat right back to the skin and cooler.

I have been stripping them over the last few weeks and the coats are improving, when the working season begins proper, good hard work keeps the coats down anyway. Tight earths, bushing and hard work does it for the winter.

I have a pup for sale out of Milly and Jack if anyone interested please PM me. Pic below.

spock good to hear from you im glad he's kept his colour whats his coat like what sort of size i kept back the dark liver bitch out of the litter

DSCF0021.jpg

she has turned out quite like the dam apart from the colour

2002_0412_113903AA.jpg

[the other liver bitch is being trained by Guy Wallace to track deer not heard about the other one's from the litter

Hybred