Working Bedlingtons 2005

Hello,

i've just built a Working Bedlingtons forum for the simple reason that the working bedlington community is vanishing and i searched google but found no forums for the working bedlington so i decided to make one. anyone who wishes to use it can visit the site at Working Bedlingtons [www.thecountrydog.co.uk] (i checked the guidelines and didnt see anything about posting websites) but if im wrong im sorry, just remove this post.

Thanks and hope to see a part of the working bedlington community there.

P.S Logo is being changed ASAP.

Edited by TerrierLad
  • 4 weeks later...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

Went down to Tabley country fair in Cheshire today.

It was ok but the first time I've ever seen Terriers and lurchers competing against each other in the same ring :blink:

Saw some Beddies there too. (didnt take too many pics as my hands were full) :drink:

Heres a few of a nice pair of dogs that a couple from Salford had with them. (Granitors)

And heres one of yong Spike mooching about last week.

Feckin lovely!! I wonder what that black and tan will turn out like?

You sure that Tag is a proper Beddy Jack? - He isn't very white and fluffy. ;)

What height is that fella?

paddy101.jpg

The bonus is, he works...........

haven't measured him but I'd say he's 15" less maybe.....

anyone interested in pup, pm me...

this one....

paddy233.jpg

Hers's a feckin dilemma for you.....

I kept a bitch pup for myself, comin on lovely.. was well happy with her.... :icon_eek: WAS well happy with her..... :icon_eek:

I've been letting her out in the garden with Tag, they've been on getting fine, playin like puppies... sinc e the others have gone they've been together....

Anyway, on Sunday I left them out... watched them for a bit then went out...

When I got back I noticed Tag was acting strange, so I whistled him up the garden and he sort of crawled up cowering on his belly.... no sign of the pup.......

I went down the shed had a look, no sign.... Tag was still spooked..... checked the garden....found the pup...dead..... really dead and mauled...... holes all over her head and throat.... and not looking pretty..... the cnut Tag has killed her... I picked her up she been dead a while... and the f****r tried to take her out of my hands...... WHY,WHY,WHY??????

TO say I'm gutted is an understatement, to say I'm annoyed and stumped is a bigger understatement...

Do I blame myself, do I put Tag down, or do I keep him and work what is potentially a good dog... or do I pass him on.....

I kept a bitch pup for myself, comin on lovely.. was well happy with her.... :icon_eek: WAS well happy with her..... :icon_eek:

I've been letting her out in the garden with Tag, they've been on getting fine, playin like puppies... since the others have gone they've been together....

When I got back I noticed Tag was acting strange, so I whistled him up the garden and he sort of crawled up cowering on his belly.... no sign of the pup.......

I went down the shed had a look, no sign.... Tag was still spooked..... checked the garden....found the pup...dead..... really dead and mauled...... holes all over her head and throat.... and not looking pretty..... the cnut Tag has killed her... I picked her up she been dead a while... and the f****r tried to take her out of my hands...... WHY,WHY,WHY??????

TO say I'm gutted is an understatement, to say I'm annoyed and stumped is a bigger understatement...

Do I blame myself, do I put Tag down, or do I keep him and work what is potentially a good dog... or do I pass him on.....

Blimey! sorry to hear of this, how awful for you. However personally in this case i'd be blaming myself if it were me. He obviously knows he's done wrong which is why he reacted that way.

Sometimes males can get so frustrated with bitch pups because all the adult male wants to do is mount it the pup turns on the dog & dog thinks i'm having none of that & reacts, sometimes sadly with the pup coming off worse. Also if Tag was maybe just having a bad day & the pup was tormenting him it could have broke his temper.

I'd put this down to experience & get on with Tag as afterall dogs are always unpredictable, nature is nature & we all have our mishaps from time to time. :(

I've been letting her out in the garden with Tag, they've been on getting fine, playin like puppies... since the others have gone they've been together....

Blimey! sorry to hear of this, how awful for you. However personally in this case i'd be blaming myself if it were me. He obviously knows he's done wrong which is why he reacted that way.

Sometimes males can get so frustrated with bitch pups because all the adult male wants to do is mount it the pup turns on the dog & dog thinks i'm having none of that & reacts, sometimes sadly with the pup coming off worse. Also if Tag was maybe just having a bad day & the pup was tormenting him it could have broke his temper.

I'd put this down to experience & get on with Tag as afterall dogs are always unpredictable, nature is nature & we all have our mishaps from time to time. :(

I do blame myself... and possibly the weather.. it was the hottest day we've had.... doesn't make me any less gutted.... can't look at him in the same way... complete rage I reckon he had... not just lost his temper.....

Absolute shitter S.J.

I've seen it happen before with a mates Border dog.(a young one too) only he killed two 18 week old lurcher pups.

The strange thing was , the "killer" dog was soft as shit, not a fighter, a bayer,never tackled a fox ever.

He never did it again (probably wasnt given the chance).

Fvcking Bedlingtons eh? no one ever said they'd be so complicated.

Keep the dog S.J. He looks like hes got something about him.

JMHO.

Sorry to hear that Swansea, that is bad luck, these thing happen though, and by not being there I’m guessing you won’t really know what triggered it off, could of been one of many, many reasons.

As regards ‘Tag’, if you are happy with his progress so far and temperament wise he's always been fine with the other dogs then IMHO I’d keep him, because like i said you don't, and probably never will know the reason he did it, I certainly wouldn't make a hasty decision just yet.

Chin up!

Printer