Working Bedlingtons 2005

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

You sure that Tag is a proper Beddy Jack? - He isn't very white and fluffy. ;)

What height is that fella?

you are obsessed with white fluffy angels dave

i will give you the number of my mate shirley in scotland,she has loads for sale in fact she had 38 pups last year.but she tells everyone how rich she is :boredom: ?? she mite just give you one :wacko:

still no ducks

Feckin lovely!! I wonder what that black and tan will turn out like?

paddy101.jpg

The bonus is, he works...........

haven't measured him but I'd say he's 15" less maybe.....

anyone interested in pup, pm me...

this one....

paddy233.jpg

It's been warm here today, so waited until it cooled a bit and took young Spike to a bit of permission I have nearby.

The plan was to just a walk really, chase a few rabbits and maybe bush the same Fox, through the same wood

that we chase every time we go there. (He always rns the sme way, the pup is getting closer and closer all the time) - A lurcher wouuld have killed him long ago.

Anyway, no Fox tonight, just Rabbits, loads of them, taken the piss out of the dog as usual.

But tonight one ran the wrong way, he went straight across the big field instead of back into the safety of the cover. Why he did this, who knows? but Spike away Spike went, more hopefull than anything else.

When they got to about the middle of the field (cultivated, loose soil with young plants growing) the dog had caught right up with the Rabbit, turning it the way a Lurcher turns a Hare, he must have turned it around a dozen times then one big lunge and he caught it :clapper: .

It seemed healthy enough to me, no Mixy on this land.

My camera was operating on the edge of its distance capabilities (on full zoom) here are a few pics.

Feckin lovely!! I wonder what that black and tan will turn out like?

paddy101.jpg

The bonus is, he works...........

haven't measured him but I'd say he's 15" less maybe.....

anyone interested in pup, pm me...

this one....

paddy233.jpg

Tag is undoubtably one of the best looking beddies I have ever seen.... :clapper:

Shame I'm not a digger....

All the best to you,...CHALKWARREN...... :victory:

Edited by CHALKWARREN

I'm hoping to get a Beddy this summer,so I'm researching as much as possible.Various breeders are quoting that there dogs are this line or that.How accurate are these as I assume there are'nt written pedigrees.Or the only true pedigree is that both parents are workers. :)

Is there anybody out there breeding Beddy's in the midlands this summer?

be very wary buying a bedy get one from known working stock and steer clear of show stuff, the show stuff is prone to problems like copper toxososis and weak bones theres plenty of lads on here that can point you in the direction of a good pup, when you are ready to get a pup post it on the forum and some body will know of some. swanseajack has some hybred beddies at the moment PM him if your interested

As beginners we sre looking for a Beddy to look like a typical Beddy with the ability.What I'm trying to get at is that various lines are more the working lines such as Gutchcommon.But with Mrs.Williamson dead and Roy Mee dead who is actually carrying on the lines and when someone describes their pups as Gutchcommon type for example how true can that be.This could be for any of the lines.As a beginner are there certain breeders we should look out for who keep actual records. :hmm:

Having read a little and found out about Rillington,Gutchcommon,Glovers,Toby and Graintor lines could someone tell me about the Minkstone and Rambo lines as these have been mentioned on this site.Cheers :)

That's a good point, Oyama. To what extent are these named lines reality, and to what extent just names? I would think that once the originator of a famous line is dead, the line is pretty well finished too. Yes, there may be Rillington, eg, dogs about here and there, but I doubt that anyone is keeping the line going in a systematic way. If so, they must be crossing in other blood, or it would be horribly inbred. Mind you, the original kennel would have brought in other blood too, but as part of a considered plan.

I'd be grateful for advice on good lines of Beddies that are really available.

As to copper toxicosis in show Beddies, they have pretty well got rid of it now through genetic screening. I'd be more worried about getting it in working types that have been scatter bred or never screened.

Oyama, the people i had jack off, have just remated the same dam & sire to jack last weekend, their in derby. Jacks coming on a treat as you from my pics under "bedlington jack" & in this forum. I'll keep you updated on what happens.

Nealey. :mellow:

ps, where you from ?