Working Bedlingtons 2005

Ive not had alot of experience of colours in Bedlingtons but i know that blue's are very nice natured and blue and tans are fantastic, i think livers maybe the same as the red gene they can be a bit firery

What a load of bollocks.... :D

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

Ive not had alot of experience of colours in Bedlingtons but i know that blue's are very nice natured and blue and tans are fantastic, i think livers maybe the same as the red gene they can be a bit firery

I've just had a look at your site dodgewell bedlington... Can I ask when you say you work your dogs on what may I ask ? Not meaning to sound offensive but I think your on the wrong site, pics of roach back freaks that obviously haven't seen a days work in the lives really get's my back up!! JMO... :icon_eek:

I've just had a look at your site dodgewell bedlington... Can I ask when you say you work your dogs on what may I ask ? Not meaning to sound offensive but I think your on the wrong site, pics of roach back freaks that obviously haven't seen a days work in the lives really get's my back up!! JMO... :icon_eek:

i agree they dont look like workers to me JMO

Get off that fence Swanseack and say what you really think :clapper:

I have heard the show fraternity make these claims before about the different temperament of blues and livers before. I cant see how it can hold up myself.

Incidently the show folk are actively "phasing out" the liver dogs as they dont win very often in shows.

They even call the very light ones "sandies" (I'd say apricot myself) :whistle:

Damn, my pup is a liver!! Apart from photos, I'm only familiar with show Bedlingtons, but have noticed that the livers end up paler than blues, ie, off-white; but most blues are very pale too. By the way, does anyone know why they lose almost all of their colour while the working types retain theirs?

It is possible for colours in a breed to have different temperament traits, and there's reseach that has demonstrated this to at least some degree. The mechanism would be the genes for colour being linked to genes for temperament, or affecting temperament as well as colour. I'm not saying it's true in Bedlingtons, and it's probably a minor effect anyway.

Damn, my pup is a liver!! Apart from photos, I'm only familiar with show Bedlingtons, but have noticed that the livers end up paler than blues, ie, off-white; but most blues are very pale too. By the way, does anyone know why they lose almost all of their colour while the working types retain theirs?

It is possible for colours in a breed to have different temperament traits, and there's reseach that has demonstrated this to at least some degree. The mechanism would be the genes for colour being linked to genes for temperament, or affecting temperament as well as colour. I'm not saying it's true in Bedlingtons, and it's probably a minor effect anyway.

The show fraternity have recently been breeding for "pale topnots" and profuse pale leg hair (what they call without irony or embarrasment - "leg furnishings) :laugh:

I think this pale Beddy breeding is now epidemic as I am hearing that dark blue show dogs rarely win.

Oh, nearly forgot, Poodles and Bichon Frises probably have a part to play as well. :whistle:

well my bedlys a liver bitch a bit faded but a working bedlington not some roachback thing no good to man nor beast, that choclate pup from the litter is showing lots of promise its mental with crufts on this week it should be entertaining to see what there passing of as bedlington pampered pooches!!!!

just looked at dodgewell bedlingtons GOD HELP US ALL what some awful looking examples some of the pic s look like they have been cut and pasted

It may be a bit unfair to be slagging off these "dodgewell Bedlingtons as none of us has ever seen them work or not. They don't look like my cup of tea but sometimes people who own this type have no idea of the REAL Beddies that still exist and do the job that they were originally bred for.

I put a post on a major "Bedlington" site the other night , something along the lines of "this years best of breed Beddy at Crufts would hang its head in shame if placed alongside one of our little Gladiators"

Caused a bit of a stir that one :whistle:

Anyway, Dodgewell lady, if you havnt been scared off why dont you come back and ask us why we prefer our type and not the fluffy ones.

ps - dodgewell aint that good a name for a bunch of working terriers ;)

thanks for your replys topper and beddie.man, have rung the numbers, one litter gone, another to far away but going to see a litter tomorrow 2 dogs left sounds promising talking to the owner sounds just like what im after but time will tell.

i thought this topic is about workin beddies, so what re y bullshiten here. post some pics of workin dogs on fox, or say some name of terierman who saw y dogs workin. for other stop bullshiten here about the workin strain if do not have one.

bring those flufs somewhere else or prove their qualities.

i thought this topic is about workin beddies, so what re y bullshiten here. post some pics of workin dogs on fox, or say some name of terierman who saw y dogs workin. for other stop bullshiten here about the workin strain if do not have one.

bring those flufs somewhere else or prove their qualities.