Working Bedlingtons 2005

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

That Yogi looks the spit of those old Tommy Dobson dogs. I must admit I like the Bedlington/Lakie hybrids - The best dog I ever had - Solo- was a Lakie/Beddy and he was the best dog I ever owned -Fox,rabbits,rats , and more - if Spike is half as good I'll be happy.

Incidentally - there is a picture of Solo in J Glovers book (page 86).

Edited by david2363

Bloody hell - I,m knackered this morning - I actually read this whole thread last night - took me ages but the best thing I've read for ages.

I cant wait for this little brillo pad on legs of mine to grow so we can get a bit of action.

I've dug out some old pics of mine from 16/17 years ago and if I can get my scanner going I'll post em (sorry if I'm trading on memries at the moment but

its all I've got at the moment.

Bloody hell - I,m knackered this morning - I actually read this whole thread last night - took me ages but the best thing I've read for ages.

I cant wait for this little brillo pad on legs of mine to grow so we can get a bit of action.

I've dug out some old pics of mine from 16/17 years ago and if I can get my scanner going I'll post em (sorry if I'm trading on memries at the moment but

its all I've got at the moment.

Excellent David, can't wait to see them.... a lot of my pics are from 10 years ago the ones earlier in the thread...

here's some more recent photo's

new20051919.jpg

new20051893.jpg

• Like 1

DOES NICKY STILL PUT FOXHOUND INTO HIS BEDDYS LIKE CHOCO THE DOG WHAT HE LOST TO GROUND, HE WAS A VERY GOOD DOG HAS HE STILL GOT JAKE I HAVENT SPOKE TO HIM FOR A FEW YEARS, HE IS THE MAN FOR BEDDYS YOU ARE RIGHT. :yahoo:

"FOXHOUNDS IN HIS BEDDYS" ARE YOU SURE??

my old bitch [swanseajack bred ]hunted like a hound!

:11: :11: :11: :11:

Foxhounds in bedlingtons, sort it out :hmm::hmm:

Best I ring Nicky and ask him what line of hounds he used......... :rofl:

I Bought a Chocolate Beddy Bitch off Nicky last Feb 2005 She is the best dog ive had as a worker (she stops at nothing) Hard as nails. :thumbs-up: :whistle:

But the best pet ive ever owned and is my 6yr old daughters baby she is chalk and cheese. :hmm:

but shes not the poodle type prissy thing you see tied to the post office railing on pension day.

Totally different coat and shape but still very beddy in the face shes also in season at the moment but im not looking for a stud as shes only 18mnths but ill be looking for something in a year or too.

Not sure weather to go back to beddy or put something leggy in there :hmm:

DOES NICKY STILL PUT FOXHOUND INTO HIS BEDDYS LIKE CHOCO THE DOG WHAT HE LOST TO GROUND, HE WAS A VERY GOOD DOG HAS HE STILL GOT JAKE I HAVENT SPOKE TO HIM FOR A FEW YEARS, HE IS THE MAN FOR BEDDYS YOU ARE RIGHT. :yahoo:

"FOXHOUNDS IN HIS BEDDYS" ARE YOU SURE??

my old bitch [swanseajack bred ]hunted like a hound!

:11: :11: :11: :11:

Foxhounds in bedlingtons, sort it out :hmm::hmm:

Best I ring Nicky and ask him what line of hounds he used......... :rofl:

I Bought a Chocolate Beddy Bitch off Nicky last Feb 2005 She is the best dog ive had as a worker (she stops at nothing) Hard as nails. :thumbs-up: :whistle:

But the best pet ive ever owned and is my 6yr old daughters baby she is chalk and cheese. :hmm:

but shes not the poodle type prissy thing you see tied to the post office railing on pension day.

Totally different coat and shape but still very beddy in the face shes also in season at the moment but im not looking for a stud as shes only 18mnths but ill be looking for something in a year or too.

Not sure weather to go back to beddy or put something leggy in there :hmm:

I like the look of thet black dog Jack - whats his making?

These pics may be of interest to WORKING Bedlington enthusiasts - they were taken in the 80's when I was young and carefree (and about 2 stones lighter) :drink::drink:

Edited by david2363

Heres another pic I dug out of my archives - "Badger" a Gutchcommon Bedlington who was owned by Laurie Fergusson of Kirkton near Dumfries.

Belieive it or not , this pic was taken 20 years ago so the dog is most probably dead now.

Are you still out there Laurie? and are you still working the dogs?

I like the look of thet black dog Jack - whats his making?

These pics may be of interest to WORKING Bedlington enthusiasts - they were taken in the 80's when I was young and carefree (and about 2 stones lighter) :drink::drink:

The black dog is Freddy, belongs to a mate of mine, he's sired by Yogi out of a bitch called Gwen (pure type), he's Jack's full brother.... excellent bushing dog, Hunts like a hound but hasn't done much to ground...

a few pics of Blue. hes 9 months now coming on well.hes got a great nose on him.

Only working him on rabbit and rat. pup pics back on page 36

pict0022jf4.jpg

cheers Mick ;)

Pup's looking good mick :D

FECKIN UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I,ve just had my 13 week Beddy pup down the local park, I was strolling along minding my own business (alright I was hoping to bump into some hot women walking their dogs) when this couple came towards me with 4 show type "Bedlingtons"??? - anyway they asked me what lines my dog had in him - so I told them Rillington & Gutchcommon. They looked at me as if I was friggin mad and said never heard of them. Then the woman starts running her hands through my pups coat and procceds to tell me that he's "too wiry". and

"a bit too dark" - OH YEAH I says of course they should be nearly white like yours eh??

I tried to explain about working types etc but they just didnt get it.

Its twats like that who nearly killed this breed but theres no point in trying to explain that to them as they just dont get it. :no: