Working Bedlingtons 2005

Working Bedlingtons - Showing !!! ;)

A few times this year I have been asked by Judges who are asked to judge terrier shows and have had the onerous task of judging Bedlington classes at the shows, what to look for when picking potential winners !!

So here's a question for all of you that have judged a terrier show, or maybe those who would like to give their tuppence worth !!

What would you like to see in the ring as a typical 'Working Bedlington' ??

or those that have experience of Bedlingtons how would you prioritise size/coat/conformation/weight for the good of the breed ??

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

i judged a fair few shows and only once had a beddy in, good to hear they are getting more popular aslong as they are of working type.

i would look for a dog that fits its breed and puprose just like any other..... anything but then oddly clipped show pony dogs :D

Looking good lawrence, you should get him all fluffed up, shaved and blow dried mate, perhaps he might win a bedlington show.. or better still ;) we'll get them entered this season, see what they're made of ?? My dog pup is still as ugly as feck with a dark coat, lighter in all the right places... Bitch pup is coming on well, except fot the wobbly leg, don't think that will stop her working to ground though !!

:D :D looking good mate !!

thanks TT. aye SJ i'll stick to getting him operating, i'm not the most sociable at the best of times, so usually stay clear of shows, some b*****d always starts talking to me, can't have that.

by the way the liver half bred bitch i mentioned is 100%, stays til dug, be a nice mating for the future should the pup work out, i'll throw you one over if it happens.

mikey i know what hes like i bred floyd and hes as near perfect as you will get hes up and running now so next season he should be slayin them foxes, iam well happy the way hes turned out a good solid 14 inch bedy hes a cracking little dog and he can come home to somerset anyday