exercising the beagles

great day out today 40kms covered by copper 30 by shankly only posting this because copper took up over one side of a 600 mtr high rock in capel curig (mountain)after his own tail :whistling: as they do and as i tracked him about 650 mtrs away (as the crow flies) i thought how am i going to get to him.? as he was working his way on the other side of this rock in the same direction thas was roughly home and towards the car about 3 miles away.? that we wanted to aim in .anyway spotting a gulley around 300 mtrs further on and thinking if he had a human brain he would head over (once he'd lost his tail) :angel: there knowing that we was heading that way and it would be the quickest way to head home but being a hound he will re track and go a few miles back on himself. well after waiting at a forestry junction and hearing him speak the talk of i am not sure where i am come and find me (no fckn chance) but noticed his direction changing after giving him the whistle in response to his lost speaking now you would have to be there to believe this maybe he could smell us as the wind was in the right direction (hard to believe)but the win was in the right direction.? and me overweight cousin was sweating buckets but he come over the gully that i thought if you had a brain ya thick cnt.? proved me wrong fair play to the man. top hound for me :yes: you would obviously have to see it to appreciate it but fckn love me hounds and they have nothing to prove to anyone but me and they do that every time they go out (even with me wife) cos at the end of the day they are only exercising themselves while chasing each other :laugh: cos thats what hounds do!

Edited by terrier410

i sometimes turn around when comming of the hill and see the lost hounds following my footsteps,wf

its agreat feeling to know one of the lads who has gone off on his own has either lost the scent or realised he is working alone and decided to track you back i could hear him speaking on the other side of this rock and thought oh fck i aint climbing that :laugh:

i suppose that will keep them fit. how many hounds have you got?

only 3 now but it is still a pack to me and to hear them speaking together on a fox you would swear i had 5 couples :icon_eek:

those beagles do have a great voice!!!!!!

i'm not bias honest :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1