Hatsan Mod 85X

Just thought that I would put up this quick post.

My neighbour came around today with his .22 calibre Hatsan Mod 85X sub 12 air rifle for me to zero, setup and plink with on my 25 metre outside garden range.

Other than a earlier model Custom B2 air rifle this as to be one of the worst air rifles I have ever shot in my 27 years of shooting.

Its supposed to have the quarto trigger, which is a upgraded trigger unit, but this one is awful. Stiff and even when adjusted needs 5 to 6 lbs pull pressure to release it from the sear making accurate fire just about impossible.

Maybe this is just a bad rifle with problems I dont know but from talking to the owner its how it came from the shop when it was new.

The action is so bouncy and the internal twang like mad when fired.

To get it under an inch group I needed to be at around 20 metres and that's after trying many quality brands of .22 pellets.

The silencer is doing nothing I believe and its still really loud on firing, but that's partly I think to do with the twangggggggggggggg you get on firing the rifle.

Going by this model, not a rifle I would advise on a list to new shooters wanting a starter rifle to learn to shoot with.

For £170 I would of expected much much better for your money.

I wouldnt want to pay more than £60 for this kind of quality.

I'm sure someone will come back to me saying that they get pellet on pellet groups at 30 yards with theirs, but if this rifle is anything to go by I would have to see it to believe it.

Si.

post-2627-0-54115000-1354383408.jpg

Edited by zini

Yeah I was going to do a video review on it for the channel Davy, but after trying it I thought better, as I thought I would of made a fool of myself trying to zero it on camera :yes:.

Years ago in 1997 when in Bosnia I bought a Chinese Custom Lion from SMK to use to shoot ferals with at 15 metres. This rifle is on a par with that, infact i think the Custom Lion was a bit more accurate.

Yeah I was going to do a video review on it for the channel Davy, but after trying it I thought better, as I thought I would of made a fool of myself trying to zero it on camera :yes:.

Years ago in 1997 when in Bosnia I bought a Chinese Custom Lion from SMK to use to shoot ferals with at 15 metres. This rifle is on a par with that, infact i think the Custom Lion was a bit more accurate.

hi Si

maybe you still can,just advising shooters that it may not be the best rifle for taking bunnies,or other quarry for that fact :thumbs:

going to bring the C02 under lever Sunday,for a bit of fun,it has to go back to malc next week! :cray:

Can't speak for the 85 but...

I've had that god awful BOINGGGGG on a new Hw95 costing nearly double that.

Seems that buyers are now expected to finish guns and the practice has infected top names, not just Weihrauch either.

Still, means Mr Walls work isn't a luxury, its fast becoming a necessity. Good news for SFS!

• Like 1

My girlfriends younger cousin bought this rifle brand new and hawke sport scope, he asked me to sort the scope out so I tried to zero it with his pellets (eley wasps) didn't work out then my h&n ftt and vermapells was getting around sub inch groups about 20yards but it DID have a horrible trigger, loud thwang and a hell of a kick. I didn't want to say much as he was so excited by it for the price of the package I could of got him a nice hw35 or hw95 and some to spare