running hares in summer

if anyone puts up a post about shooting or snaring hares theres uproar from you die hard coursing lads , so why is it i see muppets walking the fields in summer (today) looking to course hares, leverets and preggy does ?, i hardly ever see running dog lads in the winter when hares should be run, do these so called "coursers" have no morals ?

ok pal get tourself a pup around 8month old in december and see how you get on then, cos i guarantee a good winter hare will spoil a young dog , so dont give the young dog a chance to learn its trade , n fire him in at the deepend

im not and never will run summer hares with grown dogs but ive ran the odd buck deer on his own for the pot , i would wait till the stubbles cut as therell be plenty about leave the hares in summer till the stubbles are cut , infact once the stubbles are cut some hares are only fit for pups and pot fillin but give them a month or two then theyll sort the pups out and youl see whats in there tank , never really been into coursing hares in summer and if a dogs bred right entred right heeel come on never had to run summer hares to make them better , bolting rabbbs with ferrets is good summer sport for to educate dogs and if hees not got the early pace then net them and educate him , all the best

if anyone puts up a post about shooting or snaring hares theres uproar from you die hard coursing lads , so why is it i see muppets walking the fields in summer (today) looking to course hares, leverets and preggy does ?, i hardly ever see running dog lads in the winter when hares should be run, do these so called "coursers" have no morals ?

You answered your own question ,they have no morals,or sense of sportsmanship,and usually no sense as they are happy to put up pics of their exploits,as though they were somehow commendable,but then they are just numpties ,who no nothing of real coursing,pre ban,and have no notion of how good a January hare is on big land ,given fair law.

these lads were not exersising thier dogs , they were looking for hares, right out in the middle of a cut siliage field dogs on slips,they turn up every year , if they were rabbiting , then common sense tell you to stay around the hedgebacks , they were also seen a few miles down the valley, i know young dogs need a start but why not leave a bit longer , even if its 8 months old :blink:

we all have accidents , i walk my dogs well away from known hare fields and if i see a hare i go the other way, i don,t want my dogs chasing hares at all , but i still have the occasional cockup , these lads knew they were going to chase young and preggy hares, theres no excuse