MMA V BOXING

no argument in my mind, there's place for both, son does kids mma and boxes , stepdaughter boxes, what i will say for boxing over most other sports nowadays there is huge respect for the ref his commands are obeyed instantly in the amateur game no question its a part of the sport that other sports could learn from and the respect for authority show,

I prefer boxing but mixed martial artists train just as hard and deserve as much respect imo.

but mma fans are generally dicks like that fella speaking on that video,always makes me laugh seeing big fat fuckers walking around 7 days a week dressed head to toe in tapout clothes sweat bands etc and talking down about boxing at any opportunity,like they could last more than a few seconds in any combat sport.

• Like 2

Mma all the way for me. I think boxing has had it's prime time with the Benn and Eubanks and such like. I'm not saying that modern boxers are not as good, I'm saying that no one cares anymore. Look at James degale. He won the gold medal yet no one outside of boxing as heard of him. On the other hand I was speaking to a couple of non fight fans the other day and they all heard of rampage and aderson silva.

Mma all the way for me. I think boxing has had it's prime time with the Benn and Eubanks and such like. I'm not saying that modern boxers are not as good, I'm saying that no one cares anymore. Look at James degale. He won the gold medal yet no one outside of boxing as heard of him. On the other hand I was speaking to a couple of non fight fans the other day and they all heard of rampage and aderson silva.

Degale isn't a big name in international pro boxing though,jackson and silva are huge in mma.

ask some non fight fans if they've heard of klitchko or mayweather and i think a lot more will of heard of them than jackson or silva.

• Like 1

I get what your saying, but degale should be a big name.. He's British and he's had a few fights. IMO there are not enough big title fights in boxing to generate up enough interest. I mean who the hell is hattons next fight. I've never heard of the guy... And why has mayweather and PAC man not fought. In the UFC that fight would have happened long ago.

• Like 1

I get what your saying, but degale should be a big name.. He's British and he's had a few fights. IMO there are not enough big title fights in boxing to generate up enough interest. I mean who the hell is hattons next fight. I've never heard of the guy... And why has mayweather and PAC man not fought. In the UFC that fight would have happened long ago.

It would get made,but that's because the fighters

A)don't get paid that well and a big payday isn't something they'd pass up.

B)UFC is a corporation not a sport,they make sure the best fight the best.

imo If boxing ever starts to decline the money won't be there for the big payouts (so fighters will take the best they can),less belts will mean we'll know who the true champions are

i think there both overpaid pre madonnas that go down at the slightest touch................wouldnt see them on a rugby pitch like real men..............

wouldn't see any of those big fairies in a ring or octagon.

:yes:

• Like 2

i think that MMA looks rougher than boxing but with boxing its only thump after thump to the head from someone trained to punch........and punch hard........... :D not saying it dont happen in MMA but a win can come in alot more ways than a TKO from a 20st man who has just rattled your head for 9 rounds..........but again with MMA its alot more exciting every fight you see than most boxing matches, if theres a super fight boxing match in las vegas ill stay up to watch it for that fight but not the build up, but MMA nights all the build up fights are watched!......either way, both are great sports and why compare them, there totally different.......BUT....

this video answers alot........... :D good watch if you got time.......... :thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm9tbWgXm88

i think there both overpaid pre madonnas that go down at the slightest touch................wouldnt see them on a rugby pitch like real men..............

That is funny lol I am sure the injuries endured are fake to? lol We can all talk from the out side of the ring/octagon but stand minutes in their "shoes" would soon separate the men from the internet keyboard warriors lol

Rugby ??? FFS are you serious to actually compare ?

Edited by Irish