Mick Douglas Norfolk Lurchers

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good to hear you speak well of an old Pal,....most of my hunting partners have also gone to ground,...I expect it will soon be my turn to lay quietly under the cold turf.... However, as long as w

Great thread is this and Systema thanks for sharing your stories of a man who will go down in history as a legend of the past lurcher world. I think just by the look of the types MD kept they had an i

Spent a bit of time with Mick in the late 90s.Was introduced to him be a mate of mine Chris who'd had dogs from him since he was a teenager when Mick came down to Kent to buy a generator from Chris's

Posted Images

Another time i drove up for a few days ,this is my lurcher Barley which was about 3 yrs old great calm hunting bitch ,good feet, endless stamina ,many years later about 25 yrs old then.

She would work with my ferrets, catch foxes ,hares and pull down some bigger game too .I used her like a gundog too, and 

my all the years i spent hunting by now ,had trained her on stop whistles and all important commands

This is there lurcher on right is her  mum ,and as you see there on nicks hunting grounds the marshs

• Like 2

My New norfolk lurcher puppy bitch from nicks lines 

Had to wait 2 years for her ,worth every bit

14 weeks i guess in her new home in ipswich

So easy to train ,had all the right breeding and my pest control work on rabbits ,in local farms where the happy days.

Didn't start her until 14 months on a few easy myxie rabbits ,carry back to hand alive ,carry back feathers game too 

Took his advice over the years about training and few other good gamekeeper s and it all paid off

Went to local car boot sale last year at Marks They ESSEX ,

Saw these lurcher prints ,the stall owner turned to to be Doug Coopers Widow mFrom CT

Chatted to her  about mick and her husband who she lost ,ends up she lives at Mildenhall suffolk ?

Gave her my business card  ,pest control details ,was looking forward to seeing her some great stories 

and never did get in touch ... pity really