Old(ish) dog, looking to learn new tricks!

Good afternoon Gents,

Well after a few years of her being in the attic I've dusted off my old Diana 52 .22 and started enjoying a bit of plinking again. I've always enjoyed the countryside way of life having grown up surrounded by fields to play in (remember those days?) and with Spriger Spaniels as playmates my whole childhood I'm a bit of a country bumpkin. I think autumn is my favourite season. I've been shooting in some form most of my life and having spent a bit of time in the TA in my younger years I was part of the shooting teams for Browning pistol, SA80 and LSW. I consider myself a reasonably good shot, but am keen to practice and improve my hunting skills. I've had air rifles for as long as I can remember, target shooting with a cheapo break barrel thing when I was a kid and then moving through the scouts (air rifles), air cadets (Lee Enfield 303 converted to .22 and L98A1) and onto the TA as mentioned above. My old Diana is a bit of a beast of a thing, but she's a study girl and shoots well. I recently chrono'd her to see how her long lay-up has affected her and she's around 8.5ft/lb's but consistent and reasonably smooth. I'd like to give her a service and tune up to see her around 11ft/lb's for hunting use, being such a weighty and well made rifle I think this power level would suit quite well. Anyway, that's enough waffling about me! I look forward to getting out there, maybe finding a permission or two and filling the freezer!

Regards,

Jim