thers allways someone

hi all i was talking to my uncle today and he was moaning about losing his ferret , bills to pay etc then he asked me how me and my five month son were doing what with my hubbie in afgan as some of you know i said its hard but at least hes alive !! just thought i would shere with you what its like out there for them as my uncle said it helped git things in perspective i to had a petty row with someone the other day and when i saw this i thought it made the petty row seam pointless

please take five mins to watch this and you will see why im so proud of him

(this fottage is of american and british in iraq as i cant post anything recent in case it gives something away!!)

thanks marie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxULEZaMr7Q

ps just re read this and it looks like im looking for sympathy im not just trying to rais support for our trops many of whom dont think they should be there either

Edited by ferret15

I only watched so long as i really like that song..

I also hope your hubby comes home safe and well, britain should not even be fighting there tony blairis a totally wanker...

FULL RESPECT TO EACH AND EVERY ONE WHOS FIGHTING OUT THERE :victory: AND I HOPE EVERYONE RETURNS SAFE AND WELL TO THEIR FAMILYS.

BUT, without wanting to sound nasty when you join the forces you do it in the knowledge that you will at some point maybe putting your life on the line for another mans cause. I have friends out in both the afgan and those who have been seving in iraq and i have had this conversation many times with all of them and each man agrees with what iam about to say. You join up knowing the risks, you take the queens coin in peace time so you should be willing to take it in times of war.

SADLY THIS AND OTHER WARS THAT WE ARE INVOLVED WITH ISNT OUR WAR, BRING OUR LADS HOME, LET THOSE WHO ARE PAID TO DEBATE IT OVER THE TABLE SORT OUT THE MISS THAT THEY CAUSED.

FERRET15, of course this isnt penned with the intention of causing upset to you or anyone who has loved ones out there, and like ive said i wish a safe return to each and everyone of them.

AND BEFORE ANYONE DIGS ME OUT FOR WHAT I HAVE SAID LET ME SAY THIS, IM NOT A COWARD, IM NOT A PEACE ACTIVIST. IF IT WAS A WAR TO DEFEND OUR SHORES I WOULD BE ONE OF THE FIRST WITH GUN IN HAND BUT SADLY WE ARE FIGHTING FOR POLITICAL GAINS.

FULL RESPECT TO EACH AND EVERY ONE WHOS FIGHTING OUT THERE :victory: AND I HOPE EVERYONE RETURNS SAFE AND WELL TO THEIR FAMILYS.

BUT, without wanting to sound nasty when you join the forces you do it in the knowledge that you will at some point maybe putting your life on the line for another mans cause. I have friends out in both the afgan and those who have been seving in iraq and i have had this conversation many times with all of them and each man agrees with what iam about to say. You join up knowing the risks, you take the queens coin in peace time so you should be willing to take it in times of war.

SADLY THIS AND OTHER WARS THAT WE ARE INVOLVED WITH ISNT OUR WAR, BRING OUR LADS HOME, LET THOSE WHO ARE PAID TO DEBATE IT OVER THE TABLE SORT OUT THE MISS THAT THEY CAUSED.

FERRET15, of course this isnt penned with the intention of causing upset to you or anyone who has loved ones out there, and like ive said i wish a safe return to each and everyone of them.

AND BEFORE ANYONE DIGS ME OUT FOR WHAT I HAVE SAID LET ME SAY THIS, IM NOT A COWARD, IM NOT A PEACE ACTIVIST. IF IT WAS A WAR TO DEFEND OUR SHORES I WOULD BE ONE OF THE FIRST WITH GUN IN HAND BUT SADLY WE ARE FIGHTING FOR POLITICAL GAINS.

i know my husband joined knowing what he was doing, i know i married him knowing he is in the army, all i can say to this is you cant help who you fall in love with !! at no point am i saying poor him, poor me etc..

all im asking for is for people to show there behind our men.

and to drew attention to some of the things they deal with i come in to contact with people who say ''its all done from miles away now there not in any real danger'' all i hope to achive by way of this post is awarness of what they are doing and as i say in the first post there is always some one worse off. My hubbie is in a worse situation than my uncle the familes that have lost someone are worse of than myself it helps me when things are getting me down to look around at other peoples lives it stops me mopeing and makes me carry on i have found that this is the case for a lot of people so insted of giting pissed of that your dog/ferret/shooting didnt go as well as you would of liked rember someone some where is worse of than your self.

i havent found your post offencive in the slightist i agree with you 100% its his job and im f*****g proud of him for what he dose.

he wouldnt be happy working in a supermarket or behind a desk and as long as he is happy i will suport him 100%

also i posted this as i found the video deeply moving and thought some people might like to share this

thank you to all the people you have sent messages of support i will be posting a link to this on the army net so they can see for themselves and thank you to those of you who sent parcels i have been geting feedback from HQ about the large number of parcels being sent by civies if any of you sent a care package you have my gratitude :D

Guest The Shaman

Very poignant. As an ex squaddie I know from first hand experience what its like, and how very, very difficult it is to explain to someone non military what it is like.

I hope they all come home safe. Squaddies get lots of bad press, but how many people go to work and get that. Firemen and bobbies may get it sometimes but they get councelling and compensation when it gets to them, the poor squaddie gets the old chestnut "well thats what you signed up for" "bullsh*t!!!.

I'll drink to your hubby ferret15, and to my nephew in Afghanistan and all the others out there :drink:

[quote name='mole catcher' date='Jun 24 2007, 10:09 AM' post='261849'

BUT, without wanting to sound nasty when you join the forces you do it in the knowledge that you will at some point maybe putting your life on the line for another mans cause.

yes and that would be fine if the other mans cause was to protect the homeland in which you were brought up and where your loved ones live ... however it is a different situation alltogether when lads are sent out to iraq or afghan on the premise of peacekeeping when in reality they are only there to look after bush's oil empire .... if somebody out there can give me a sensible reason why british troops are out in the desert then i will eat my foot .... all they are ... are targets of hate for the insurgents ........

Ferret15. I can understand you are proud of your hubby, rightly so and like i said at the start of my post, bring them back safely.

Socks, your right it is about defending OUR SHORES, and like i said i would be one of the first to stand up and defend OUR SHORES if it was under attack, BUT ANSWER ME THIS FOLKS as socks has rightly said, our forces are no more that security for the usa"s oil fields in the gulf. if there hadnt been the oil would the us gone in there in the first place? did us and the Us give a shit when back in the 80s thousands of curds were being gassed?

what about all the acts of genocide thats going on in the world by dictators, are we going in ther to sort that out? no were not, why? because there is no wealth to gain by doing so.

so again i say what i have said, bring home our troops to defend our shores as im sure thast in the not so distant future we will need defending