Where are the Bontys?

I haven't seen a bonty this year yet and there's only a week or two to go to Bonty night. When I was a nipper we'd be out on our bogies knocking on doors getting wood and even using my old mans axe to chop down the odd tree. Where the feck are they? We even used to throw old three piece suites on...settee last 'cos everyone used to sit on that.

• Like 1

We where weeks collecting stuff , every night we would sit round the mounting pile off all sorts with a little fire going , on the last day we'd raid the local scrap yard for tyres lol , But we didn't have computers and the games today's kids have which has stopped today's generation from doing the things we did , I think back and it was some fun , every settee was searched for money before they where launched on lol !

growing up in Liverpool, the green in the middle was the home of the 'bommie', we would spend weeks pre-hand getting old wardrobes, tires, settees, absolutely anything, with a few of the older lads getting some fire-works.......... I guess the sad thing is, is that if kids did this now-a-days, they would get in bother for stealing from skips, making a nuisance of there-selves and there whole night being ruined by the fire brigade coming......... even at such a young age i am at now, the changes i have seen in the past 10 years, leaves me feeling skeptical of the many years i have yet to live!!!

growing up in Liverpool, the green in the middle was the home of the 'bommie', we would spend weeks pre-hand getting old wardrobes, tires, settees, absolutely anything, with a few of the older lads getting some fire-works.......... I guess the sad thing is, is that if kids did this now-a-days, they would get in bother for stealing from skips, making a nuisance of there-selves and there whole night being ruined by the fire brigade coming......... even at such a young age i am at now, the changes i have seen in the past 10 years, leaves me feeling skeptical of the many years i have yet to live!!!

did you ever do penny for the guy :thumbs:

the kids round my mums way had a decent pile last year and on bonny night the fire brigade put it out , it was on a peice of waste land and the boys werny bothering anybody just geting rid of peoples unwanted burnables, it used to be tradition in the village you put any burnables out for us to collect we used to have a mountain in the local park every year

we spent weeks collecting anything that would burn, then you had to protect it from other kids wanting to light it early

then we used to go and stand round the posh kids bonfire, and there was always one of there dads

telling us to clear off you dont live round here, little did he know i'd already planted my bombs

i used to get them small tins of beans you know the half can size and throw them on their fire

itwas funny as feck when they got splattered with red hot beans :laugh::laugh:

• Like 1

We where weeks collecting stuff , every night we would sit round the mounting pile off all sorts with a little fire going , on the last day we'd raid the local scrap yard for tyres lol , But we didn't have computers and the games today's kids have which has stopped today's generation from doing the things we did , I think back and it was some fun , every settee was searched for money before they where launched on lol !

you used to go round nicking people's garden gates that's why no houses in pully had one

you used to go round nicking people's garden gates that's why no houses in pully had one

i that's right and no 1 said a word . . . Maybe they where worried I Would TAKE OfFENCE !!
  • Like 1

i that's right and no 1 said a word . . . Maybe they where worried I Would TAKE OfFENCE !!

im sewer maybe they were scared your were gonna nick there coal as well that's why they all started putting mouse traps in the coal bunkers hahaha
  • Like 1

Sadly the country has gone backwards. We kept ours alight for days and had spuds going on them for tea. Couldn't wait to get there after school. We also collected the burnt out rockets you'd find in fields, happy days

Sadly the country has gone backwards. We kept ours alight for days and had spuds going on them for tea. Couldn't wait to get there after school. We also collected the burnt out rockets you'd find in fields, happy days

and sniff em..lol.........

sad but true...