pointer x spanial

Don't see the point of them tbh , your not garunteed that you will get the best of both breeds . If I wanted a dog to point and bush I'd get a Brittany :thumbs:

• Like 1

A gwp will bush too if allowed to ( even very thick cover)

A wee terrier would be my choice for bushing, if I didn't want a dog which can go to ground then a cocker or a springer

The best of luck whichever you choose bud.

Waidmannsheil!!!

I reckon the cross would work, and with determination. But surely for thick cover you want to keep size down, a springer or cocker would probably out perform anything bigger. But Ive owned and seen some cracking terrier/spaniels, a bit different to a spaniel workwise, as they will follow a line further, but not miles, and may give tounge freely on hot scent. Id like to see one though, so keep us posted if you go down that road. Cheers

i've only seen two pictures of a GWP x springer, one looked just like a tiny GWP, and the other looked like a springer but with a GWP shaped head and "beard". liked the look of both, and those PointerLabs are hellish good dogs, know a keeper who had one that worked well till it was 13!!