no mole no fee

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because their tails are too small   Sorry, I'll go back to work

Quite easy really.   Work out how much it costs to get to a job (fuel and wear and tear). I base it on 40p a mile.   Estimate how long a job is going to take (including travel time) for two or t

Super heavy rain, can be frustrating for me at times, if the tunnels flood, and soil gets cloddy etc, it takes me that bit longer to get the job done. I agree its an enjoyable job, if the pressure is

Your all under rating prices, and 52 acres with 100 moles i don't think so, more like 10 to 20 max

Why don't you think it's possible to get 100 moles off 52 acres ? If the area and surrounding land has had no control, then I think it would be possible to be round the 100 mark. I did a 1/2 acre lawn couple weeks back and got 15 in 3 visits.

Edited by lanber

Your all under rating prices, and 52 acres with 100 moles i don't think so, more like 10 to 20 max

Why don't you think it's possible to get 100 moles off 52 acres ? If the area and surrounding land has had no control, then I think it would be possible to be round the 100 mark. I did a 1/2 acre lawn couple weeks back and got 15 in 3 visits.

have you seen this place, didnt think so, i have had 32 moles of a small domestic garden in 2 weeks, had 147 off 1200 acre, dont matter what size the land is if there is plenty of food then the moles can thrive

have you seen this place, didnt think so, i have had 32 moles of a small domestic garden in 2 weeks, had 147 off 1200 acre, dont matter what size the land is if there is plenty of food then the moles can thrive

Totally agree with you Nod..

hi

i have a shooting permission thats about 75 acre green land (arable for hay and silage and live stock grazing). i am no mole trapper but last year we got 68 moles and this year we are at 42. thats a total for the year as against tthe trapping guys visits. the land is surrounded by rough moorland thats not trapped for moles. there is no sooner a clear feild and the next have moved in.

cheers P

• 3 weeks later...

Does any body do moles on here full time?

no but 3 days a week for about 2 month between Christmas and spring depending on the weather, plus domestics year round as they come in. I get all my farms done in those 2 months, dont really want to pick up anymore farms.

last few years ive worked all year round,although on larger jobs its not very productive,during the late summer months.What affects the molecatching terribly here,is the weather.I have got to be in one of the worst locations,for the amount of rainfall,and this seriously hampers me.For myself it has become a 'labour of love',just as much as a source of income. Its not well paid at times,and it can be difficult to make a wage.So overall,ive found you can certainly struggle, to make a 'living wage' from it !

I'm glad that I can do mole trapping in my own time with no time or economic pressures. I can see that those who have to work at the cutomer's beckoning will find it hard to cope with adverse weather. Don't get me wrong. I've worked outdoors most of my life, but heavy rain doesn't half make mole catching more difficult.

Super heavy rain, can be frustrating for me at times, if the tunnels flood, and soil gets cloddy etc, it takes me that bit longer to get the job done. I agree its an enjoyable job, if the pressure is off, but I'd rather be out in the woods/fields, than stuck indoors all day, so overall I still enjoy the job... and when your lifting a decent haul of moles, ye soon forget about the toil of laying the traps. Plus the odd bonus of a rare coloured mole, or weasel or just seeing wildlife!!

• Like 1