fox control

Hi Mate, if the rifle is only for fox then go for .223. great tool and rounds are not too expensive ( if you dont reload ). I also use a hornet which is a cracking calibre & good on fox out to 200Yds, can also be used on rabbits using the correct bullet., only thing is factory ammo is bloody expensive for them.

Cheers.

LD

PS My .223 is a Howa 1500, good solid rifle at a reasonable price :thumbs:

For fox I use a .223. .204, .222, .22-250, .243 and others will all do the job.

For rabbits I'd use a .22lr. Some people prefer the HMR, having owned both I'm in the .22lr camp :)

You're kind of falling between two stools there wanting the one gun for both, with cost of ammunition (lots fo bunnies) versus effectiveness (on fox).

Yep edible but when couple for the pot turn into 300 head shot bunny later it will have been a few quid with the 308 ,probably cheaper to fetch one from the butchers lol but no so hard on the pocket with the .22 but like ya say one or two is ok,if your a tight arse like me at nearly quid a shot with the 223 I don't bother I use the 22

Surely a headshot rabbit is just as edible whether its shot with a .22lr or a 308 ? Thats if you only want a couple for the pot ?

It is, but he never said how many rabbits he wanted to shoot. If it's a lot with a centrefire he'll want deep pockets, where as with a .22lr it's considerably cheaper.

After a bit of advice lads am looking for the best gun for value of money for fox control, Am currently waiting on my FAC so looking to see what gun will be best only be for rabbit and fox

Cheers

Ferret_uk

What calibre(s) have you applied for, or are you in the process of applying?

Andy

After a bit of advice lads am looking for the best gun for value of money for fox control, Am currently waiting on my FAC so looking to see what gun will be best only be for rabbit and fox

Cheers

Ferret_uk

if your "waiting" then surely you must have already asked for certain calibres, or are you saying your waiting until you know whats what before applying