Scotland's independance : Yes or No and Why ?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's the best reason I can see on this thread, we have been shedding blood together for too long

. Are you having a foooking girafe. Brown. Eh scots millionnire. , blair scot millinare there are more scots in english mp seats. Than vice verser. Wee eck. Knows he will never be PM. Of britain.

Wee Eck is deluded, the country is already owned by English landlords.....most of the big sporting estates are owned by consortiums or overseas landlords! Scotland has nothing, no oil, no industry -

England should get its own parliament for starters you say english landlords rule scotland are you sure theyre not norman like the ones who own england? a report came out earlier this month suggesting that only 12% of scots pay more into economy than they take out. Walk through any english town and look at the immigrant problem we have and then say how can scotland get any worse lol

John I genuinely feel that the euro is holding back recovery on a global scale.. In years gone by when a country like Greece or ireland was in the shit, they could devalue their currency and remain competitive. The lower rates would make a country more attractive to outside investment, but the one size fits all policy of the Euro means there's nothing to chose between investing in an industrialised country like Germany and the rest of the Eurozone. If you had money to invest as a big foreign company in manufacturing for example, where would you put it? In Germany where everything is already in place, skilled workforce, suitable infrastructure, etc, or somewhere like Greece or Spain where you'd have to train a workforce, build factories, etc? it's easy to see why the Germans want to keep the Euro as it is. They can afford to bail out the smaller countries as long as their economy remains strong and attractive to investment.

There's more than the Euro holding back the recovery of the global economy. The price of oil and lack of a credible oil alternative is worse IMO. I already invested all my money today, into a car :laugh:

The Euro is here to stay IMO. There are people praying for it to break up, I parentage things would be a lot worse if that were to happen.

@ John. It's not the average person taking out mortgages that is to blame whether it be Ireland or Greece.

Nearly all countries in Europe were borrowing way over their limit and enjoying very cheap borrowed money. Now they could have invested that money in infrastructure etc but I believe strongly that they wasted most of it basically hiring voters by creating pointless jobs and allowing the public section to get way out of hand.

Different countries had different problems. Ireland had a false economy built on the back of an unsustainable building/property boom. When that boom went bust, we clearly saw who wasn't wearing swimming trunks when the tide went out.

Greece apparently lied their way in. They have massive tax collection problems, which Ireland doesn't have. They are I believe also in a much worse position regarding exports/civil servant balance.

Going back to ordinary people, here at least they fcuking lost the run of themselves. Ordinary people, working very ordinary jobs, building McMansions in the arse end of no where then communing long distances to jobs that went "poof!" when the bubble burst.

Me and other taxpayers have the pleasure of paying for those people now.

You've been listening to too many UKIP speeches Wilf :yes:

Are you able to de-value then and get yourself out the shite?

Didnt you get told that you wouldnt be "allowed" to have an election until you had met some certain criteria made up by the heads of the EU?

Of course not Wilf, but you know that. We will get there in the end however.

I haven't heard anything regarding your second sentence, we're free to hold elections whenever.

• Like 1

Oh it can become a great deal worse

how explain?

Read back a page or two on what will happen when you become of the European merry go round i.e. less independence

i have read and that just sounds like your typical pish, we have to take the plunge to find out whats on the other side nothing ventured nothing gaind.

• Like 1

John, I know your no halfwit mate so I don't want to come across like I am telling you something you don't know but Ireland was told by its European masters that is would not be allowed to hold an election until it had sorted out financial matters.........NOT ALLOWED if you don't mind!!

When you rejected the euro treaty first time around, that was the wrong result so you were made to keep voting until you came up with the right one.

Same as Italy had a leader PUT IN PLACE by the EU who they approved of and who would be happy to do as he is told.

No UKIP propaganda mate, all well documented facts........all the euro zone countries have signed their life away but they didn't know it till now mate.

I am under no illusion how much the EU dictates to me as a British citizen, but it stops a wee bit short of it actually putting my life in the hands of someone I never voted for totally as is the case in the euro zone.

As was said in a previous post, you won your independence the hard way but it only took the stroke of a pen to take it away from you again.......Scotland would be no different.

Personally I would hate to see a great country full of great people have its balls cut off like that for the sake of some prat who has watched too many mel Gibson films and is living back 500 years ago.

That's how it will get sold to the scots. It it will be jobs all round for the boys, a nice office in Brussels on 200 grand a year and pull up the ladder.

That's exactly how it will go down, bet your bollocks on it mate

• Like 3

yes

il have some independance it surly canny be worse than it is now and as for working dogs i think we get a good deal, we can still use hounds on live scent and terriers to ground which is more than below border, the other thing being how many millionairse are in westminster at least scottish parliment is a little more intoutch with the working man

. Are you having a foooking girafe. Brown. Eh scots millionnire. , blair scot millinare there are more scots in english mp seats. Than vice verser. Wee eck. Knows he will never be PM. Of britain. As no one likes the annoying little prick i have know problem with any one from britain being pm or mp. Ecks. Want to wear the long trousers. Check out his ancestry. Long line od neardewells , vote and vote for your country not for a mans ego.
  • Like 5

Spot on, and like I said when its crashing down around thier heads , they will still be saying its west ministers doing.

That eu is a f*****g shambles. They left Belgium without a governent Ffs. They want this big super state at any costs, and salmond is more than happy to hand over Scotland to them all that matters to him is the break away from England. I trully hope his wee idea of letting 16 years olds vote, blows right up in his face. Hey wilf brave heart will be on a continuous loop building up to the vote, but I think the cast majority of Scots realise this us just one mans pipe dream, and financial and security means far more to them, than a dodgy gamble.

• Like 3

The eu is doomed Every empire from the ottoman to the ussr colapse why because they end up becoming corrupt from top to bottom the gravy train gets bigger and bigger. Then one day the enigine runs out of steam leaving a wreckage struin all over . From the fall on the british empire europe has wanted britain to cowtow. Are trade links was the prize the dismanteling of are heavey industries were orchristrated by the buliderbegrs take down the unions take away there work shut the shipyards mines steel works sell the plant to india brazial. , the open the flood gates let cheap labour in , while germany and france sat back there industies. Got stronger , and picked off the best companies. , Ah but the master plan never quite worked jonhny english would not join in the euro party. To many ritch old money tories seen throught the plot Big teeth blairs prize of presidenti. Of the eu dwindeled away. New labours support fell away. The brits dont like change immegration. Killed the goose the golden eggs in the safe wating to be rehatched. ,

SCREAM FOR A REFORENDUM ON EUROPE GET US OUT BEFORE

SCOTLAND ENGLAND WALES N IRELAND OF JUST A PAGE IN

IN THE HISTORY BOOKS

• Like 3

Wee Eck is deluded, the country is already owned by English landlords.....most of the big sporting estates are owned by consortiums or overseas landlords!

Scotland has nothing, no oil, no industry - nowt! If we went independant what would happen to our fisheries protection? Armed forces?

We aint Ireland, we dont do tourism very well (cos we are grumpy!)

If anyone thinks we can live outwith a the Union, they are mentals!

The shortbread tin mentality drives me mad.....we cant live on scenery!!

I know I am ranting....but I see this whole thing as a very very dangerous situation - for everybody......cos if Scotland goes independant, we start moving abroad....noone wants that!!

what do you mean there is no oil ????????????...the oil industry is booming in the North Sea and there is more oil in the ground that has been taken out so it will certainly see out my lifetime

Wee Eck is deluded, the country is already owned by English landlords.....most of the big sporting estates are owned by consortiums or overseas landlords!

Scotland has nothing, no oil, no industry - nowt! If we went independant what would happen to our fisheries protection? Armed forces?

I know I am ranting....but I see this whole thing as a very very dangerous situation - for everybody......cos if Scotland goes independant, we start moving abroad....noone wants that!!

what do you mean there is no oil ????????????...the oil industry is booming in the North Sea and there is more oil in the ground that has been taken out so it will certainly see out my lifetime

how old are you moo

Is the oil Scottish though? The eu is one big communist mess. the union was a political construct, as long as they don't break England up like is being suggested. The english haven't been free since 1066 when the last englishman was king of england lol the union wasn't English dominance over the scots should all govern ourselves and be a union on the world stage like military etc. imo

how old are you moo

Old enough....