Scotland's independance : Yes or No and Why ?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's the best reason I can see on this thread, we have been shedding blood together for too long

. Are you having a foooking girafe. Brown. Eh scots millionnire. , blair scot millinare there are more scots in english mp seats. Than vice verser. Wee eck. Knows he will never be PM. Of britain.

Wee Eck is deluded, the country is already owned by English landlords.....most of the big sporting estates are owned by consortiums or overseas landlords! Scotland has nothing, no oil, no industry -

The EU would love this breaking up of countries like UK and Spain so they can get more control.

Anyway I think we've got a proud history as Britain and individually as a Union of countries.

Watch out for them giving 16 year olds a vote in the referendum though, they are easily swayed.

I don't know if it's been posted before but what's your thoughts especially you jocks .

Could Scotland manage on their own ?

all the scots guys i know are constantly on the lash .......................and fooking talk forever and no they cant manage on there own as we have too look after them................ :laugh:

• Like 1

If we got our independence first thing we should is throw out all the miserable english bans that float about with there tweeds on and think they are something never put there hand in there pocket and buy a drink never meet a miserable bunch of c--ts in my life :D

If the Scots vote foe Independance within 20-40 years they will be no more than another Romania, Lithuania, Georgia ect

I always try to look at the positives so 40p a pint would be a good start............... :boogy:

It needs to be called a vote for dependence rather than independence.

Salmond will have them cozied up to the EU and possibly in the Euro and ruled by Brussels. It you think it's bad now with our Fisheries and agricultural policy being screwed by them just wait till you get bent over by the EU. There is no independence to be gained by joining that mess. I'm all for Wales, NI or Scotland having more local control over their affairs but this isn't the way.

This is especially at a time where there is mounting pressure to have a referendum on our relationship with the EU and more 'real' independence.

With respect I think The republic of Ireland is a perfect example, after gaining true independence from Britain in 1922 nearly 100 later they've now become a EU Vassal and are getting dictated to on their financial affairs.

• Like 2
Plus that prick salmon is talking about joining the EU so they would not be truly independent anyway, just a poor imitation of a country like the once proud Ireland has become.

Some stroke of luck ye never joined the EU isn't it Wilf :laugh::laugh::laugh: Close escape there :yes:

Don't get me wrong mate, I know we ain't our own masters but we do have our own money......unfortunately, all Ireland's decisions ( like Greece) are made in Germany because they control your money.

Shocking state of affairs mate for you ordinary Irishman, I bet you didn't think you we're voting for that same as we only thought we were voting for a common market

You've been listening to too many UKIP speeches Wilf :yes:

We have only ourselves to blame for this position. As a majority of people elected, reelected, and reelected again a shower of utter gangsters who mismanaged and ruined the good thing we were onto in the late 1990's. Cheap credit was made available to Ireland through joining the Euro, but don't make any mistake about it, no gun was put to anyones head to take out excessively foolish mortgages which didn't just include the house, but large parties, foreign holidays, new cars, and other keep up with the Jones' shite.

I'm 34, I have 0 debt because I wasn't made a fool of like all the other ostriches who could see what was going on but preferred to blindly "trust politicians" and shove their head in the sand.

I do think the bank bailout was a bad idea. I do think there are EU economies that Ireland is unfairly protecting by nationalising the bad bank debt.

But that's how it is at them moment. There was no vote on that. Our troubles are mostly of our own making.

• Like 2

John I genuinely feel that the euro is holding back recovery on a global scale.. In years gone by when a country like Greece or ireland was in the shit, they could devalue their currency and remain competitive. The lower rates would make a country more attractive to outside investment, but the one size fits all policy of the Euro means there's nothing to chose between investing in an industrialised country like Germany and the rest of the Eurozone. If you had money to invest as a big foreign company in manufacturing for example, where would you put it? In Germany where everything is already in place, skilled workforce, suitable infrastructure, etc, or somewhere like Greece or Spain where you'd have to train a workforce, build factories, etc? it's easy to see why the Germans want to keep the Euro as it is. They can afford to bail out the smaller countries as long as their economy remains strong and attractive to investment.

@ John. It's not the average person taking out mortgages that is to blame whether it be Ireland or Greece.

Nearly all countries in Europe were borrowing way over their limit and enjoying very cheap borrowed money. Now they could have invested that money in infrastructure etc but I believe strongly that they wasted most of it basically hiring voters by creating pointless jobs and allowing the public section to get way out of hand.

You've been listening to too many UKIP speeches Wilf :yes:

Are you able to de-value then and get yourself out the shite?

Didnt you get told that you wouldnt be "allowed" to have an election until you had met some certain criteria made up by the heads of the EU?

Wee Eck is deluded, the country is already owned by English landlords.....most of the big sporting estates are owned by consortiums or overseas landlords!

Scotland has nothing, no oil, no industry - nowt! If we went independant what would happen to our fisheries protection? Armed forces?

We aint Ireland, we dont do tourism very well (cos we are grumpy!)

If anyone thinks we can live outwith a the Union, they are mentals!

The shortbread tin mentality drives me mad.....we cant live on scenery!!

I know I am ranting....but I see this whole thing as a very very dangerous situation - for everybody......cos if Scotland goes independant, we start moving abroad....noone wants that!!

• Like 4

I think itd be a shame for the Union to split. As a small group of islands we ran an empire that the sun never set upon. We've stood side by side for hundreds of years and whether the Scots/Welsh/Irish love us back i genuinly think 99% of us English love you guys as fellow countrymen.

• Like 3

There an element in Scotland ( who think they f*****g own it) who's hatred towards the English who want total independence no matter the cost. And when it goes tits up, they will still blame England for thier folley.

I'm the same wullz boils my piss. They bang on about going it alone, but they never give details answered to the important questions.

• Like 1

yes

il have some independance it surly canny be worse than it is now and as for working dogs i think we get a good deal, we can still use hounds on live scent and terriers to ground which is more than below border, the other thing being how many millionairse are in westminster at least scottish parliment is a little more intoutch with the working man