Scotland's independance : Yes or No and Why ?

Aye Moo, the oil industry is booming and nae doot there is oil under the north sea, undisputed. BUT how would an independant Scotland protect it?

Anyone could walk in and plant a big rig there and help themselves. My point is, we have no navy, none.....where would we get a navy? Buy it? Build it? An airforce? An army? Eck has already said he wants rid of our main defence deterrent.....what else will he do? I hate the idea of us sitting with our erkies in the breeze and nothing covering us......we need some form of protection....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's the best reason I can see on this thread, we have been shedding blood together for too long

. Are you having a foooking girafe. Brown. Eh scots millionnire. , blair scot millinare there are more scots in english mp seats. Than vice verser. Wee eck. Knows he will never be PM. Of britain.

Wee Eck is deluded, the country is already owned by English landlords.....most of the big sporting estates are owned by consortiums or overseas landlords! Scotland has nothing, no oil, no industry -

Aye Moo, the oil industry is booming and nae doot there is oil under the north sea, undisputed. BUT how would an independant Scotland protect it?

Anyone could walk in and plant a big rig there and help themselves. My point is, we have no navy, none.....where would we get a navy? Buy it? Build it? An airforce? An army? Eck has already said he wants rid of our main defence deterrent.....what else will he do? I hate the idea of us sitting with our erkies in the breeze and nothing covering us......we need some form of protection....

Salmonds not worried about that he'll be nice and cosy sat somewhere in Europe counting his money . Lol

It's the f*****g bullshit the snp spin. Take our submarine fleet. He wants them out of Scotland. " why should we have all the nukes" he says. Well one thing he fails to mention. The mod pay Scotland rent annually for basing our subs there, and have done for decades. I'm not entirely clued up, but it's something to do with deep lochs and they can get inland. So therefore we will lose that income. Also does he think if they went off by accident or war that we wouldn't be unscathed. Lol if they go off every citizen on this island will be affected.

It's the f*****g bullshit the snp spin. Take our submarine fleet. He wants them out of Scotland. " why should we have all the nukes" he says. Well one thing he fails to mention. The mod pay Scotland rent annually for basing our subs there, and have done for decades. I'm not entirely clued up, but it's something to do with deep lochs and they can get inland. So therefore we will lose that income. Also does he think if they went off by accident or war that we wouldn't be unscathed. Lol if they go off every citizen on this island will be affected.

There's no chance of them going off by accident Scot, I think the worry is that if we entered into a conflict with a serious enemy our sub base would be a major target with them being such an effective weapons system. But feck it, that's hardly a major risk and the benefit of being part of the British Forces outweighs that i would have thought. Those subs/bases have the worlds finest guarding them.

I would volunteer my services as Scotland's Naval Chief of Staff ... in about 3 years after I've retired from the US Navy and from my civilian career as I'm not sure how much being an Admiral in Scotland's Navy would pay. Admiral's gotta eat ,after all.

Yea lol I know accident was a bad choice. Yea the bases are strategically placed and pretty well fortified in a naval aspect.

Trident is different, no one really knows where they are. There at least 3 constantly on patrol, and only one at a time is ever in dock for repair or refit. I've seen trident a few year back. They are f*****g huge lol our company was doing insulation work, and we got pretty close to one.scary to think that there enough fire power in one sub to wipe out a continent +.

• Like 2

It would be a sad day if ever it happened. I agree malt that decision would be a major blow to the armed forces. Surely though a serving Scot in an English regiment can stay put?

Also if any scots wanted to join the English army I'm sure there wouldn't be much objection. After all Scotland has akwAys been a major recruiting ground for the British army, and lets be honest here the scots regiments were very thought of.

• Like 1

I would volunteer my services as Scotland's Naval Chief of Staff ... in about 3 years after I've retired from the US Navy and from my civilian career as I'm not sure how much being an Admiral in Scotland's Navy would pay. Admiral's gotta eat ,after all.

I don't think they would want a yank mate, if it kicks off they at least want a chance of winning !! Lol lol

Only pulling ya leg !

I don't think they would want a yank mate, if it kicks off they at least want a chance of winning !! Lol lol

Only pulling ya leg !

That'd be easy I'd just call the Canadians for help

• Like 1

It would be a sad day if ever it happened. I agree malt that decision would be a major blow to the armed forces. Surely though a serving Scot in an English regiment can stay put?

Also if any scots wanted to join the English army I'm sure there wouldn't be much objection. After all Scotland has akwAys been a major recruiting ground for the British army, and lets be honest here the scots regiments were very thought of.

I would imagine that it would perhaps follow a similar line to the Gurkhas. It shouldn't happen but if it did I would think it would be something like that. Maybe a free Scotland would put a stop to that though to cut all military ties with the remainder of UK? Be a f*****g sad day.

• Like 1

Only pulling ya leg !

Wouldn't be to sure, it was a Scotsman who founded the United States navy

Edited by scothunter
  • Like 1