springer very fussy about her feed. help me....

i have a 1 year old springer bitch and boy is she fussy about her food.

Image083_zps322e8af5.jpg

Image082_zpsc6d0cec2.jpg

Image084_zpse6a8aae7.jpg

anyway i had her on that bakers puppy food for a bit untill she stopped eating it then on to the yellow pedigree bags of dog food then same story she slowly seems to take a dislike to it so now after numerous different dog foods and covered with gravey, oxo and all the sauses to try and coax her into eating it i finally have her on pedro gold after reading on here about it and she has now come to the stage where she does not want it !!

having looked online i am seriously considering barf for her as she never has any problems with raw meet at any time.

i have read plenty online about it and it looks like a great option. i found this site online but delivery costs a bit:

http://www.slaneypetfoods.ie/

has any of you on here had any dealings with them, what is the food like ?

also does any of you know of any suppliers of barf more local, i am from donegal/leitrim ?

also just wondering how long 20lb of barf would last the dog ?

cheers for looking,

niall_b73

You say she is fussy: do you have other dogs which could be putting her off her food? Even if they aren't right near her, it can sometimes put young dogs off eating in their presence.

no other dogs in the house, yard or near us.

niall_b73

feed her nothing for 24 hrs, make sure she has plenty of water at all times though, her perspective may alter slightly in that time. With barf, you dont need to feed anywhere neear the volume that you do with dried complete food.

Nice bitch by the way

• Like 1

feed her nothing for 24 hrs, make sure she has plenty of water at all times though, her perspective may alter slightly in that time. With barf, you dont need to feed anywhere neear the volume that you do with dried complete food.

Nice bitch by the way

thanks mate,

niall_b73

• 2 weeks later...

Niall,I also have a springer bitch she is 3 years old and I went through pretty much the same.I tried everything and finally found a complete dry food which I would never go without again.The brand is OSCAR which is wheat gluten free,maize chicken and rice.Since putting the bitch on it her coat,eyes etc are outstanding,theres very little stool to clean up and she cant wait to get it.The likes of pedro are only a cereal feed and DO NOT give your bitch the important vitamins,supplements she needs and would leave a lot of mess around your kennel/run.I have never seen OSCAR sold from a shop and purchase mine from a rep who is also a pet nutritionalist.The type of bag my bitch is on ic €46.00 for a 15kg bag and i feed her a large cup in the morning and the same in the evening,it sounds small but its all they require and it shows in her performance.

• Like 1