Wildcat moderators ( or opinions on any others)

Ok cheers lads the pes looks good and narrower but it can't be stripped properly can it? The wildcat can be bought in separate parts and going by the website you can buy a calibre tube so it should be easily swapped between calibres so long as the threads the same and the screw on par at the back another one is bought if the barrel is a different thickness. I'll need to try find stockists see if they have any in stock to have a look at

Hi i think Mcleods at Tain can get them. Woodydog.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi every one I'm picking up my Ase ultra tomorrow can't wait the shop let me here them firing last weekend on my 243 great reduction of sound and they have a massive warranty on them if you ever need it and they don't scratch your barrel like the wild cat does

I looked into this extensively before deciding which mod to buy for my .243

As always theres pros & cons for each one and as always there's compromises to be considered.

My final choice of a T8 mod was based on final recommendation from a gunsmith.

Sure the T8 can get corroded inside, but thats down to bad maintenance especially after use. I store it off my rifle, and spray the baffles with oil & rotate it to make sure the oil penetrates the baffles.

Sure steel mods make the front end heavy, but if you are looking for the best sound moderation, then the T8 wont dissapoint. Its simply brilliant on this front.

Mines still looks like new after 3 years of heavy all weather use.

I hope this helps.