Todays hunt

What gps set up you using there bud

Hey GTE , we use wildlife materials telemetry tracking systems, you can't get enough collars on the GPS systems 10 is the maximum on one box , we somtimes have 30 to 40 hounds out so we have to stick with the telemetry system

dogs look like they've had a good run!

might be a daft question but do you run the coyotes with the hounds aswell?

Hey Rob, Yes Coyote's are our primary target :) , we have very few foxes , so it was nice to have a hunt on one, it brings the hounds back to their noses a bit, i find hunting coyotes a fair bit of the time makes the hounds a bit what i call flashy, because coyote's on the whole run quite straight and fast, it makes the hounds do the same, so they miss turns and the like, and so it is nice to make em slow down a bit and work for it

Thanks pal, interesting! :thumbs:

hey coyotehunter, good post thanks for sharing with us. i was thinking about going to canada for a holiday and would like to take part in some country pursuits whats the best areas to visit? not made any arrangments yet but will be in near future, i was was hoping for some inside info cheers cammy

Hey Cammy, it depends what your bag is, if its hunting with hounds then its a fairly short window, just purely because of the weather turning bad so quickly, if you want to see hounds at there best early November is the best time, most of the crop is in ( Mainly Maize, and Soy Beans ) and so we can have some hard and very fast hunting, if its terrierwork and running dogs then anytime really, drop me a PM with your details and we'll see what we can sort out

Edited by Coyotehunter

Hey Cammy, it depends what your bag is, if its hunting with hounds then its a fairly short window, just purely because of the weather turning bad so quickly, if you want to see hounds at there best early November is the best time, most of the crop is in ( Mainly Maize, and Soy Beans ) and so we can have some hard and very fast hunting, if its terrierwork and running dogs then anytime really, drop me a PM with your details and we'll see what we can sort out

spot on bud :thumbs: