Todays hunt

Nice to see pics from abroad. Last year I had the pleasure of looking through a huntsman's photos from his days hunting a pack in Canada. Great pictures, top bloke and an excellent week hunting with him.

Do you use terriers on a days hunting over in Canada?

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Nice to see pics from abroad. Last year I had the pleasure of looking through a huntsman's photos from his days hunting a pack in Canada. Great pictures, top bloke and an excellent week hunting with him.

Do you use terriers on a days hunting over in Canada?

:thumbs:

If we had enough foxes i would but we have very few, the coyotes have driven most of them off, this fixture is one of the few places we can still find foxes which is nice, so if they go to ground we leave them, probably sounds crazy i know but its not all about catching foxes out here, like i say if we had a bunch of em , i'd be right at it although i doubt if id have a go at this place right under a huge Oak tree :)

• Like 3

thanks for sharing your experience mate. looks like great fun. nice to see fox hounds with collars on too. i don't fell so bad for collaring my beagles up now. i think i'm gonna have to build a boat and get over the water lol :laugh: . anyone know any boat building forums :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

Looks to me like you need a countryman :whistling: give me a shout I'll leave tomorrow

Why not just text him the number of whoever you know is capable of the job !! Lol lol

dogs look like they've had a good run!

might be a daft question but do you run the coyotes with the hounds aswell?

Hey Rob, Yes Coyote's are our primary target :) , we have very few foxes , so it was nice to have a hunt on one, it brings the hounds back to their noses a bit, i find hunting coyotes a fair bit of the time makes the hounds a bit what i call flashy, because coyote's on the whole run quite straight and fast, it makes the hounds do the same, so they miss turns and the like, and so it is nice to make em slow down a bit and work for it

Edited by Coyotehunter
  • Like 1