info needed please

i dont think that you should ask the folks on here just to put up pics of there dogs with your first post ????????????????? weve had folks on like this before nxt thing dogs stolen or antis on your doorstep ????????????????????????????????????? :no::no::no::no:

i dont think that you should ask the folks on here just to put up pics of there dogs with your first post ????????????????? weve had folks on like this before nxt thing dogs stolen or antis on your doorstep ????????????????????????????????????? :no::no::no::no:

no harm ment polecat.dont steal dogs and no anti.just looking for info as i am new to earthdogs.kept other terriers for 12 years.just doing some homework to see what terrier suits my type of work.

we will see what others think ???????????????????????? but if you are ah hunter and not an anti best of luck why not go any local lurcher and terrier show ????????? and ask folk about them there

we will see what others think ???????????????????????? but if you are ah hunter and not an anti best of luck why not go any local lurcher and terrier show ????????? and ask folk about them there

didnt say i was a hunter yet polecat.i worked with a different type of working dog for 12 years.had a yard accident a few weeks ago and lost all me stock.so just fancied trying my hand at different type of dog.i was going to start by asking about lakelands then pats then jrt.but seems that you have a problem with my posting,so if you cant help me dont reply by being sarcastic cause i dont want to f**k up posts by arguing.thanks

Pitbull, you aint said what terriers you had before or what sort of

work you intend for the new terriers you're after?????

all the best bracken28

i think you know what type of terriers i keep/kept by the handle that i post under.a friend of mine owns a farm on the out skirt of my city and it is over run with different types of vermin,so rather than him let strangers on his land i will do the work for him.the 2 dogs i own now are 11 and not suited/breed for that type of work and i have always admired the GAMENESS of the little dogs bracken.i understand you fellas being suspect of newcomers but we have got learn some how and this looked like a good place to ask about working dogs not pets.thanks

in that case pitbull,

it just depends on what you like the look of out of the terriers about

today, you say that you admire their gameness, sometimes i

think certain lines can be too game/no brains...!

i'd sooner have a dog/bitch that stnds off a bit but yet wont

be bullied if you get me..?

just my honest opinion, cant see the point in ya dog getting bashed to bits

through no brains then having to be laid off work for a week or two..

the patts take some beating but then so do a good bred lakie or jr.. :victory:

i no pitbull is no anti ive had trip up his place to collect a lurcher and he seems very genuine come on lads he is only asking for some info not your addresses :laugh: if i could assist him i would

the best way to start mate is to go over old posts on here and have a read.then come back with questions after that.people are worried about all first timers ,especially asking for pictures straight away.people will open up more when you have posted for a while.cheers mouse.

the best way to start mate is to go over old posts on here and have a read.then come back with questions after that.people are worried about all first timers ,especially asking for pictures straight away.people will open up more when you have posted for a while.cheers mouse.

thanks for replys fellas.what are good working strains to look for in the patts.

thanks for replys fellas.what are good working strains to look for in the patts.

i take it when you lost all your stock in your yard one of your 'handle' dogs got loose? Not a good sign IMO. You need to take more care when you own dogs like this. That must have been awful for the stock you lost.

Anyways I agree, local shows etc you will find some good info there and also previous posts. Good luck in your findings :D

• 3 months later...
i take it when you lost all your stock in your yard one of your 'handle' dogs got loose? Not a good sign IMO. You need to take more care when you own dogs like this. That must have been awful for the stock you lost.

Anyways I agree, local shows etc you will find some good info there and also previous posts. Good luck in your findings :D

I am Pitbulls mate and knl partner in his previous chosen breed, what happened at his place was not down to one getting loose!, i have never been on a better, cleaner yard, and ive visited dozens and dozens of yards all over England Ireland and Northern Ireland.

His accident happened because a female got her nose through the small gap between the handle of the run trying to get at her neighbour and ended up having her face literally ripped off! Not the best thing to come home and see, i know more than most how this broke his heart!

Nobody cared for his dogs more than pitbull and this tragedy and the current climate meant he had to clear his remaining stock of 2 gamedogs, and for the record the 2 dogs he rehomed he did for FREE and he did not get those dogs for free either, both have gone to good working homes, at either end of the UK, one was a well known working stafford who is now enjoying life in the countryside and by all accounts has turned into a very good worker, the other was a dog of his handle who is now with a trusted friend and is enjoying life up there and is ready for a weightpull soon.

Nobody is more aloof of newbies than the pitbull folk, with good reason, and pitbull himself is well liked and thought of as an honest person to deal with you cant say more than that.

I know that he has got himself 3 Pat pups from working stock now and wish him all the best with his new life in the dogs, I myself am looking to go the same way as i stated in my 'Howdy' post for new members.

I know people in the terrier and lurcher game and have already stated my desire to get a good working terrier, but will wait and see the options and not just jump the gun and go for the first thing i see or am offered, i want to learn as much as possible about the working terrier breeds, their traits, best bloodlines etc before making a purchase.