Hatton to fight Senchenko

Do you think there's far to much emphasis being put on the unbeaten tag by the media these days Gnash? I've never been really into the boxing apart from enjoying watching the odd decent bout when it was on, but I don't seem to remember the whole 'if he looses his carreer's all but finished and he's no good' type mentality when I was growing up watching the likes of Ewbank vs Benn and the great heavyweight fights in the 80's and 90's. Maybe it's not even the case these days if you follow the sport closely enough, but that's the sort of impression I get with my passing interest in the sport..

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats a stupid reply, given the fact that hatton has never tested positive,had world title fights and has done more for british boxing than alot of fighters in the last ten years........but as always

Had a look at this Senchenkos record earlier....35 years old so older than Hatton.....last fight he was knocked out by Malignagi who cant punch through a crisp packet dont think he,s ever knocked anyo

calzaghe?????

Do you think there's far to much emphasis being put on the unbeaten tag by the media these days Gnash? I've never been really into the boxing apart from enjoying watching the odd decent bout when it was on, but I don't seem to remember the whole 'if he looses his carreer's all but finished and he's no good' type mentality when I was growing up watching the likes of Ewbank vs Benn and the great heavyweight fights in the 80's and 90's. Maybe it's not even the case these days if you follow the sport closely enough, but that's the sort of impression I get with my passing interest in the sport..

Thats exactly what it is Malt..................and there you go,like you say you dont have a close interest..... and even you can see it !!

Its perfectly understandable to pick and choose opponents as a young fighter on the way up because its a learning curve and establishing a career......................but once your actually at the top in and around the elite fighters what possible reason is there to avoid anyone ?......Thats why i admire Froch he has lost and come back and thats what having a fighting heart and showing championship spirit is all about ................some fighters are so afraid of losing we never really see the best of them........if Barcelona only played West Ham every week we will never see how good they truly are as West Ham cant bring out the best in them..............same applies.

However good they are in the ring i dont think some fighters have it in them to come back stronger from losses..........................so do anything to avoid them,simple.

Well IMO, hatton was one of our great British boxers. He ducked no one and when he fought the two best boxers in the world, he stepped up a weight class to do it, and went to America too. So what if he likes a drink and puts on weight between fights. That's up to someone to try and expose him in the ring, but no one in the uk has been able to in over 10 years. I hope he has a happy retirement as he deserves it, as he's been fighting since he was 10 years old.

Well IMO, hatton was one of our great British boxers. He ducked no one and when he fought the two best boxers in the world, he stepped up a weight class to do it, and went to America too. So what if he likes a drink and puts on weight between fights. That's up to someone to try and expose him in the ring, but no one in the uk has been able to in over 10 years. I hope he has a happy retirement as he deserves it, as he's been fighting since he was 10 years old.

Hattons openents were carefully hand picked.

When they wasnt hand picked he lost.

When he beat Kosta, Kosta hadnt founght in 2 years and was on hes way to retirement.

Hatton was nothing but a hyped up domestic fighter...........

TUFFTY