craigyboy

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my name is leanne ive been sat at my laptop for the last hour reading all your post i am over whelmed , i would just like to say thank you for all your messages,my husband was one in a milion everybod

I came on here this morning, and saw the post about Craigyboy I really hoped that it was an update on how well he was doing, but when I opened it, I genuinely had a hitch in my throat.   It`s stran

RIP CRAIGBOY  

Posted Images

real bad news this, like alot on here never met him in the flesh, but had some great laughs with him on here+ pm's. Only 40 and left young lad+ wife , feel sorrfor them. It just goes to show how a Web Sight like this can affect you ,when you loose a mate, feel gutted RIP Mate. Ray

Same as you lanesra,,,, even though you don't actually know them in person,,,,it's like there close mates,, even though it's just the web....real sad news

Even though its the web, there is a real sense of community amongst us: hunters all, in a world where hunting is seen to be wrong by many people. It binds us together: and long may it do so.

My thoughts exactly skycat, it puts the Petty squabbles, who's dog is best rubbish into perspective at the end of the day this forum is good because of who's on it and why we're all on it.... A love of hunting.... Craigyboy was a big contributed to the forum and because of that we all feel like we've lost someone we really knew... A mate really.... It's a strange thing this on line over the web yapping, personally I'm not on Facebook, twitter or any other meaningless talk sites but there's people on here who I feel like I know ....weird....

Thought about Craigyboy at 7 30 this morning on the way to work.... It's quite poignant with my past experiances and has truly saddened me.....

• Like 4

Same as you lanesra,,,, even though you don't actually know them in person,,,,it's like there close mates,, even though it's just the web....real sad news

Even though its the web, there is a real sense of community amongst us: hunters all, in a world where hunting is seen to be wrong by many people. It binds us together: and long may it do so.

:thumbs:

..add the fact that there's a lot of us spend as much time talking to each other on here as we do with our friends in real life. You're bound to feel emotional when something as tragic as this happens to someone you've been having a laugh with for a few years. It's a relatively new form of friendship, and one that the older of us are not used to yet, but when think about it, it's one that is just as real as one you might have with someone who drinks in the same pub or works in the same place for a length of time..

I was gutted last night when I read this thread and the same today..

..add the fact that there's a lot of us spend as much time talking to each other on here as we do with our friends in real life. You're bound to feel emotional when something as tragic as this happens to someone you've been having a laugh with for a few years. It's a relatively new form of friendship, and one that the older of us are not used to yet, but when think about it, it's one that is just as real as one you might have with someone who drinks in the same pub or works in the same place for a length of time..

You're absolutely right Malt: when I meet someone I 'know' from the forum, still more so if I've seen photos of them and spoken on the phone, it's just like catching up with an old friend, someone you've known for years in reality. So although it is the internet, friendships can and are formed through this cyber space world, and can transfer into real life with no problem at all.

Mind you, my shoulder is still sore from when I met Bird the other day: he kept clapping me on the shoulder like an old mate :laugh: :laugh: , but oh boy, does he hit hard! :tongue2::laugh: :laugh:

• Like 2

You're absolutely right Malt: when I meet someone I 'know' from the forum, still more so if I've seen photos of them and spoken on the phone, it's just like catching up with an old friend, someone you've known for years in reality. So although it is the internet, friendships can and are formed through this cyber space world, and can transfer into real life with no problem at all.

Mind you, my shoulder is still sore from when I met Bird the other day: he kept clapping me on the shoulder like an old mate :laugh: :laugh: , but oh boy, does he hit hard! :tongue2::laugh: :laugh:

sorry penny, :laugh: its years of of manual work, and carrying game about, was very strong in my 30s , old bugger now lol