MUNTJAC

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest markbrick1

for the cornish members,yhey are down here and around truro and thats definatly,And for the cat ive seen it with my own eyes and it was carryin a rabbit so i could judge its size :yes: mark

Non up here yet as far as im aware.

MOLL.

Hi Molly, I may be wrong, but do you lived in Northumberland ? Anyway, there are Muntjac at Keilder, don't know how far they have spread yet. We had one run past the cabin, 100% munty, The local farmers and poachers at Falstone, just below the dam, told me where to see plenty of them, will try and get pics next time I'm there fishing.

Cheers.

Guest little_lloyd

I myself have only ever seen one in Gloucestershire in a feild as i was in a collge bus driving trough painswick :D Know people who have seen many in ths area but all i ever se is roe :yes: ....Loads of em :tongue2:

theres been a few sightings of muntjac not to far from newport,havent seen any myself tho,loads near oxford,cotswolds have a good stronghold,seen them in swindon,
plenty around lamborn on the downs and appleton oxford :icon_eek:up the road from chepstow woolaston theres a couple,,, im in newport havent seen any muntjac but had a big fallow buck 20 minute walk from my house,, :) Edited by elisderyn
Guest NZLurcherman

Just doing a little research on how far across the UK Muntys have managed to spread (by whatever means) We all know they started off in woburn, but can anyone enlghten me as to how far they have travelled and the locations reached. There are some in Leeds and i know of one shot in Middlesborough. Can any of our southern members tell me how far south these critters have moved. Cheers. JD

there all over leicestershire and rutland,and i often get asked if iwant one, there nice to eat ,but one a year is enough.

micky

So I take it you guys are not sposed to be running them then? Love to have a go at them Deer are very hard to catch here with dogs (NZ) that is and only really Fallow, just not the suitable terrain. What's the best running at night or during the day?

Cheers NZLurcherman.

Cheers for the replies..... would like to hear of any reports as i am trying to find out the areas they are now spreading into, espcially those unusual ones.... :yes: IMHO all the reports north of the Humber were deliberate releases as well as those in cambridgeshire (and therefore up that side of the A1) too. ;) Interested is they have moved far into kent and south wales. cheers

They were in notts a very long time ago i caught my first in 78 they are really widespread now even in the city on old railway lines and all the old coalboard workings.

They definitely dont mind people often sitting just a couple of hundred yards off busy footpaths so it will be interesting to see just how widespread they are good post Mr Darcy

They were in notts a very long time ago i caught my first in 78 they are really widespread now even in the city on old railway lines and all the old coalboard workings.

They definitely dont mind people often sitting just a couple of hundred yards off busy footpaths so it will be interesting to see just how widespread they are good post Mr Darcy

There are loads and loads in Essex from Harrold wood right out to the Suffolk border