MUNTJAC

Just doing a little research on how far across the UK Muntys have managed to spread (by whatever means) We all know they started off in woburn, but can anyone enlghten me as to how far they have travelled and the locations reached. There are some in Leeds and i know of one shot in Middlesborough. Can any of our southern members tell me how far south these critters have moved. Cheers. JD

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lurcherbitch

A guy over the fields from me who runs Salukis n birds of prey, saw a couple of deer out my back fields, dont know what they was, but must of been heading up to leeds as i have never seen them. But will ask. Even though I am north n not south. ;)

put this on the thread on deerstalking :-

I live in buckinghamshire about 10 miles from woburn, yes there are lots near me

i beleive they are as far west as Salisbury plains and all the counties around london i.e. kent ,surrey and sussex have a few,

i heard of a few in scotland , i believe they were a more recent release

edited to add, mr Darcy i grew up near leeds and i know there are a few near Lotherton Hall that escaped from the deer enclosure, when someone cut through the wire on the back of the enclosure about 18 years ago, they moved into the thick forest between lotherton and Micklefield

All over Hertfordshire JD as you know, one even turned up trapped in a local school fence, I have seen them in very urban places from grass verges on the local dual carriageway to walking across a main road in full view of an A and E hospital.

I have seen them as far as Heathrow out to Aylesbury and also Basingstoke. ;)

Their down on the Devon and Cornwall border And i have herd of them right down in Cornwall, I put a small deer up out of a hedge bottom last year, only seen it for a second but I'm sure it was one and that was near Truro in Cornwall.

COMPO I have seen them when we've been coursing down near Salisbury plains.

There are always reported sightings throughout devon and cornwall, but as they say "show us the body", nobody seems to be able to achieve that as yet. Apiece of stalking ground i picked up the other week has supposedly been a haunt for them, :hmm: , time will tell. B)

Just doing a little research on how far across the UK Muntys have managed to spread (by whatever means) We all know they started off in woburn, but can anyone enlghten me as to how far they have travelled and the locations reached. There are some in Leeds and i know of one shot in Middlesborough. Can any of our southern members tell me how far south these critters have moved. Cheers. JD

there all over leicestershire and rutland,and i often get asked if iwant one, there nice to eat ,but one a year is enough.

micky