About time a proper dog won!!lol. who did he win with samson or topsy??? Bet his head was so big he couldn't get in the truck to drive home!!!! :laugh:

And well done phil, dog is looking spot on matey!!! :D

Edited by doran

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:clapper::clapper: Brilliant day out,...LOADS of top quality 'working dogs'..... :clapper:

Last time I visited this friendly show was back in the 90's,...when I was privileged to judge the lurchers,...and the class and amount of workman-like jukels hasn't changed one iota.... :clapper:

Fecking loved it.... :clapper:

Cheers,.CHALKWARREN.... :drink:

Edited by CHALKWARREN

was at the welsh,there was a big brown lurcher looked like type of bull cross in the over 23 smooth dog class.looked as if hed seen alot of work and another light fawn dog which was just as big but wouldnt let the judge handle him much,did anybody see or know the dogs? what % of cross are they?

I was in that class with mine (was the one that ran in late with the black bullX....!). The judge, John Bromley didn't do much handling of any bullx's, said he'd bin bit the other week by a pure bred in his kennels an that had put him off a bit!!....... Met John a few times over the past 20 years, really nice fella, knows his dogs (he should, he's a top breeder 'n trainer) but judging at an event such as the Welsh what was he expecting?....In recent years there has been a big influx of Bullx's at most shows.

was at the welsh,there was a big brown lurcher looked like type of bull cross in the over 23 smooth dog class.looked as if hed seen alot of work and another light fawn dog which was just as big but wouldnt let the judge handle him much,did anybody see or know the dogs? what % of cross are they?

this the light fawn dog that would not let the judge handle him mate?

Edited by wife

this the light fawn dog that would not let the judge handle him mate?

ta mate,thought id seen him before but wasnt sure.looks a cracker,what cross is he a what%.

I was in that class with mine (was the one that ran in late with the black bullX....!). The judge, John Bromley didn't do much handling of any bullx's, said he'd bin bit the other week by a pure bred in his kennels an that had put him off a bit!!....... Met John a few times over the past 20 years, really nice fella, knows his dogs (he should, he's a top breeder 'n trainer) but judging at an event such as the Welsh what was he expecting?....In recent years there has been a big influx of Bullx's at most shows.

most of the dogs there were bull cross,but it seems every class that won was mostly race types.

Being a bit of a tw*t I forgot my camera so wasn't able to record my "moment of glory" :icon_redface::icon_redface:

However I do have a pic of 'jake' who was the champion lurcher.......... Many thanks for all the people who were good enough to offer me their congratulations and nice comments :):)

I've seen that pic before I think: stunning dog: a 'proper' lurcher. It doesn't surprise me that he won, especially with Bromily judging: he used to keep lurchers of a similiar ilk if I remember rightly.

I've seen that pic before I think: stunning dog: a 'proper' lurcher. It doesn't surprise me that he won, especially with Bromily judging: he used to keep lurchers of a similiar ilk if I remember rightly.

:laugh: Oooh,..You bitch.... ;)

Yeah,.spoke to wee John before the event.... :)

But,.what does it REALY matter,.eh..... :laugh::laugh:

Roll on the Winter,...I'm fecking bustin....its like a drug for me,...I gotta hear that rumbling from deep down in the chalk bury as the bunny rises for my nets...The shows are fun,.but...... :laugh::laugh:

All the best,...CHALKWARREN..... :drink:

_MG_7774-1.jpg

Edited by CHALKWARREN

:laugh: Oooh,..You bitch.... ;)

Yeah,.spoke to wee John before the event.... :)

But,.what does it REALY matter,.eh..... :laugh::laugh:

Roll on the Winter,...I'm fecking bustin....its like a drug for me,...I gotta hear that rumbling from deep down in the chalk bury as the bunny rises for my nets...The shows are fun,.but...... :laugh::laugh:

All the best,...CHALKWARREN..... :drink:

_MG_7774-1.jpg

:blink: What did I say wrong? I thought I was complimenting the dog and his judging.

:blink: What did I say wrong? I thought I was complimenting the dog and his judging.

:laugh: You did nothing wrong in my eyes me deario,... ;) :

Quite right to compliment the Judge,..its a hard old task,..or so I'm told... ;)

Soon be time to rumble,....not long now,... :victory:

All the best,.CHALKWARREN.......... :drink::drink:

File0080.jpg

Edited by CHALKWARREN