but any of you lads run your bull x on the hares

and if so how did they get on

im not on about matching your dog against

the coursing dogs of the time

but if a hare jumps up when you were

just out and about

how did it get on. did your dog get 1 or 2 for the pot

its daytime hares im on about

hi mate, before the ban lol, my dog bandit a black 1/4 bull 3/4 grey ran many hes a very fast dog and gets up on them in no time and will course it till its court or gets into cover eg wood or through thick hedges that being the problem where i am not many huge open plains i would say hed get maybe 1 in 10 in daylight and 2 in 5 on the lamp the biggest i got was a female at 9 3/4lb , bandit is about 26inch 70lb have not met a 50 50 yet that could do it (not saying there isnt any) but havnt met one yet ,would love to see it if its possible

I aint seen it with my own eyes i know a lad with a 5/8 3/8 something like that breed from of zap and hbg its a big racy bitch its ment to catch a few in the daytime.. and slaughter them on the lamp..

I have seen my mates first cross catch a daytime it was put up right infornt of him in reeds.. seen it been straight lined most times in the day and night lol its a strong dog not build for pace :yes:

I have a 50/50 StagxBull gyp that can catch jackrabbits (hares) in the daytime. If they break out of the sage they are in trouble, but she still catches one now and then inside the sage. I was told she wouldnt be able to catch any, but neither her nor I knew enough to not try them, and the rest as they say is history... ;)

Take care.

Edited by UphillDoc

ive a 22 inch first cross bitch from hbg catching them daylight in small land an in stubble not big numbers 1 or rarely the odd 2 once or twice but misses alot more than she catches in the day

Guest booboy
obviously this would be before the ban

just out and about

a freind of mine called russell maire got a 3/4 grehound 1/4 bull called buster. of a boy called willie haydon who had seamingly got this dog from tiger mason .a brindle 26" allmost greyhound lkn example of a 3/4 only had 3 toes on one foot and had broken the same the same leg .that dog was the best and fastest hare killing machine i have seen and believe will ever see.honestly on my 3 childrens lifes i have never witnessed a dog capable of killing as many brown winter hares in one days work than the mighty the awesome buster.

got Bonny just before the season ended shes 3/4 grey 1/4 bull only had her out once or twice, she seems well capable just lacking abit of experiance on them.

bonny007.jpg

bonny005.jpg

:clapper: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

obviously this would be before the ban

just out and about

a freind of mine called russell maire got a 3/4 grehound 1/4 bull called buster. of a boy called willie haydon who had seamingly got this dog from tiger mason .a brindle 26" allmost greyhound lkn example of a 3/4 only had 3 toes on one foot and had broken the same the same leg .that dog was the best and fastest hare killing machine i have seen and believe will ever see.honestly on my 3 childrens lifes i have never witnessed a dog capable of killing as many brown winter hares in one days work than the mighty the awesome buster.

sounds a very good dog to have

Good thread BOB, Why you ask, you looking to get a bull x. Any chance of pics of your dogs and what they get up too??

this is my dog 27 1/2 tts

14 months old

Edited by bob
Guest Lurcherbitch

Good thread BOB, Why you ask, you looking to get a bull x. Any chance of pics of your dogs and what they get up too??

500026.JPG

500027.JPG

500028.JPG

this is my dog 27 1/2 tts

14 months old

Nice dog mate.......is it yer first, or have you got/had any more ??

You'll be starting him this season then.??