Need a concrete base for kennel with drainage bulidng, reccomendations?

put a pic up when its finished. mate. :yes: .

i work with concrete every day and the best advice i could give someone is to make sure your sub base is good and hard and well compacted. and regulated to the depth as precise as possible. your base will only be as strong as your shallowest point. and this is where it will crack. also . on larger area's dont be afraid to cut joints for expansion . and at narrowings. this will lessen the chance of ugly cracks apearing. also if ordering. ask for a pump mix even if your not pumping it this makes it much easier to work or finish.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a few pics of the build will put more up when it's done ......      

fook mixin it pal its as cheap to buy these days an less hassle loads of companys just charge ye for what you want dont have to be a set amount ye can get half a metre or what ever bit ye need obvious

Update pic for cleanspade the outside run panels are up ........    

Posted Images

good advise mate the concretes only asgood a the sub base,connecting to the main drain is better,but you need to install a b.i.g a back inlet gulley,or the smell from sewer and or soakaway will come up into garden.mixing up 2 ton of ballast and laying it is a piss easy job for one man

No matter how well 2x2 slabs are laid..eventually moisture will get between the joints and it,ll start stinking..conny all the way ..i was lucky when my base was done as i had only 8 feet to drop into the drains..best thing i ever did

true . If he doesn't float it finished properly he'll have that problem anyway ? ?

Great advice lads, un fortunately I don't have a man hole sewer drain in my garden, the only drain I have is the one my guttering goes in to. So may go with plan of picking the shite up and connecting into existing drain and flushing the run and piss down there

Here are a few pics of the build will put more up when it's done ......

7527dcbfb9d9cdf827f6d59d34f557bb.jpg

2dfaca40a6874544ded249aa1bbb7dd7.jpg

c6d525bd.jpg

bloody Hell Ken..thats some pad... can I have a little room in the back ?.. you could rent that to a rather large family.. watch out for Squatters. :thumbs:

as it goes mate had base put in today 5m x 3m 4" thick much easier to get lorry in as it was in under an hour and left to set paulus taged that photo in of drainage iv had that put in aswell but make sur u set that in [bANNED TEXT] hand as it can be a pain in th ars if u dnt gd luck atb

Right decided this is my plan lads. I'm going to have a Run sized 3m x 1.5m. I will be installing drain gullies and a soak away. I will now be installing a concrete base which is sized 3.25m x 1.75m to allow adequate space for run installation. Am I right in thinking that with the above measurements and a concrete thickness of 75mm (3") that I need approx 0.75 ton (750kg) of ballast and 140kg of cement?

The next question is how do I achieve a slope on the base towards the drain? Do I cut the side shutting wood on an angle?

Cheers

i would just set the slope with your side shutterers. and screed it across these boards. tamp it and screed it to get plenty cream up then hand float it . i wouldnt do a level area for the kennel shed. i would make ajustments to your kennel and keep the slope across the whole of your run. that just my personal choice as it means fluids will run off and not lie anywhere.