stud dog

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

very good dog should only be put to very good bitch if you put dog across any bitch it will end up getting the dog a bad name for breeding poor off spring and as for thickening the blood on the ground

i personally think its quite logical......................................best to the best , why take a chance on bitches not making the grade ,just asking for trouble in my opionion .................

The more bitches its used on the more chances it has of throwing workers-its a numbers game.If you look at greyhounds Brett lee (fastest dog in the world) x paua to burn (fastest bitch in the world) a

Approved bitches only. Always working to improve the breed is the watchword. And further, I want to protect my reputation and my dog's reputation by only having our names associated with quality terriers. Quality meaning correct conformation, sound temperament and the drive to work. There are no guarantees when you are breeding dogs, but you can improve your chances.

Well bud you list started with conformation leaving work till the last. Enough. Said. !!!!!!!!!!!

Well bud, which leg of a three legged stool is most important? Not enough said.!!!!!!!!

As for me, I want it all and get it too.

Edited by Hickory

Approved bitches only. Always working to improve the breed is the watchword. And further, I want to protect my reputation and my dog's reputation by only having our names associated with quality terriers. Quality meaning correct conformation, sound temperament and the drive to work. There are no guarantees when you are breeding dogs, but you can improve your chances.

"only if they had a 1000dollars in their arse pocket" thats what you really ment to say, gone against everything you've said on another thread. all the best
  • Like 2

"only if they had a 1000dollars in their arse pocket" thats what you really ment to say, gone against everything you've said on another thread. all the best

Not exactly. Friends are free, acquaintances not so much. And by the way, I prefer Scrumpy Jack.

if you have a very good dog. and its to be put to stud. do you think it should be used. only on quality bitches. (aproved) or would the breed benefit more if it covered all comers. i know there are both schools of thought. what are your view. and why do you hold it.

my personal opinion is if a very good dog is used on all comers its genes will be thicker on the ground. to be tapped into. :hmm:

The more bitches its used on the more chances it has of throwing workers-its a numbers game.If you look at greyhounds Brett lee (fastest dog in the world) x paua to burn (fastest bitch in the world) and the entire litter was crap.

Its in gods hands as far as im concerned-you never know how theyll turn out until you do it (one way or another) whether they are outcrossed inbred or whatever.Ive seen entire litters of workers of average parents and useless dogs from brilliant parents

• Like 3

another wee thought. everyone with a terrier. beat a path to the doors of all the (greats) middleton /gould/nuttal/chapman. and so on. did these fellows. noted producers of quality working terriers turn most of them away.???. i doubt it. did they breed tightly amongst themselves no. did they cull hard no, have they produced a lot of good dogs. they most definately have. most peds have terriers from these folk . so what was there secret of success. :hmm: is it numbers /variation. luck. or carefull breeding..? rs

if you have a very good dog. and its to be put to stud. do you think it should be used. only on quality bitches. (aproved) or would the breed benefit more if it covered all comers. i know there are both schools of thought. what are your view. and why do you hold it.

my personal opinion is if a very good dog is used on all comers its genes will be thicker on the ground. to be tapped into. :hmm:

The more bitches its used on the more chances it has of throwing workers-its a numbers game.If you look at greyhounds Brett lee (fastest dog in the world) x paua to burn (fastest bitch in the world) and the entire litter was crap.

Its in gods hands as far as im concerned-you never know how theyll turn out until you do it (one way or another) whether they are outcrossed inbred or whatever.Ive seen entire litters of workers of average parents and useless dogs from brilliant parents

pure nonsense if i ever heard it ! if you throw enough darts you ll eventually hit the bullseye springs to mind a good dog over poor bitches will have a very high percentage of poor dogs fact a good dog over a good honest bitch will have failure s to but you ll also find a lot of them work some will be top notch some will be very decent and some might be suited to bolting etc and of course some will not make it but breeding over poor bitches (WHY THERE OWNERS WOULD EVEN WANT TO BREEDTHEM IS BEYOND ME) will only result in a very high percentage of crap ! as for the old line oh her sister was an excellent bitch or his brother was an excellent dog a well horsey man from these parts had a very good horse while at a race one day the brother of his good horse was running when someone said oh this horse will win its a brother of your good horse his reply was henry cooper fought for world boxing titles his brother told jokes !
  • Like 2