Stud Fees

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would only breed for my own use or if a good friend wanted a pup ---------- stud fee --------- ( Free of charge of course )   The two pups I have now were bred from a very good proven earth dog an

if i enquired about the service of a dog and the owner was looking a stud fee im afraid that would end of conversation if he said two pups not a prob pick of litter not a prob but not a penny would i

no fee a pup in liew if there not know and you dont need a pup then it would be a no if it was someone you knew well then free service and they could keep as many pups as they liked but no pups sold a

I've got a pretty hot shit Russell. If a close friend wants a breeding for a working litter, free. For anybody else, I'll have him cover approved bitches with a negative brucellosis test in hand for $1,000 US. If that's too much, go to your second choice. I honestly think that helps to assure the litter is valued more by the owner of the bitch and also the future owners. I'll not have his name on shit all over the countryside that way nor have his name on dogs that wind up in shelters.

• Like 2

I've got a pretty hot shit Russell. If a close friend wants a breeding for a working litter, free. For anybody else, I'll have him cover approved bitches with a negative brucellosis test in hand for $1,000 US. If that's too much, go to your second choice. I honestly think that helps to assure the litter is valued more by the owner of the bitch and also the future owners. I'll not have his name on shit all over the countryside that way nor have his name on dogs that wind up in shelters.

the thing is. the worst sort of dog folk.(to me anyway) are those that think they can get to the top of the ladder . but dont use all the rungs on the way up. folk with a bit of cash can be the worst. they really do think that money can buy success. well not in the dog world. clueless clowns with a bit of cash will ruin a dog as quick if not quicker. :bad:

• Like 3

A very good Friend of mine ,AS a favour for someone. lined a Bitch Buckshee!, Not a offer of a Pint ! a Phone call let him know how the bitch done .Nowt !!!

Fella went on to sell ALL the pups on for a few Quid !! still not a bubble ! Even had the cheek to come back asking for another lining when the BITCH broke down Again ! :icon_eek::icon_redface:

If it's not for a Mate that would return the Favour,JUST SAY NO ! money isn't everything ...It's a Cancer....

hes no friend, as someone said to me one time "people will always let you down"

WHO ? :huh: not getting you fella :blink: This Friend has "never let me down " :yes:

A very good Friend of mine ,AS a favour for someone. lined a Bitch Buckshee!, Not a offer of a Pint ! a Phone call let him know how the bitch done .Nowt !!!

Fella went on to sell ALL the pups on for a few Quid !! still not a bubble ! Even had the cheek to come back asking for another lining when the BITCH broke down Again ! :icon_eek::icon_redface:

If it's not for a Mate that would return the Favour,JUST SAY NO ! money isn't everything ...It's a Cancer....

hes no friend, as someone said to me one time "people will always let you down"

WHO ? :huh: not getting you fella :blink: This Friend has "never let me down " :yes:

sorry mate wasn't talking about you'r friend, was on about the person he helped with free lining.

If price had to come into it i'd pay cash and the litter would be all mine to do with what i wanted,end of stud deal sort of thing but i myself would never give a pup over as payment to be honest but if it was all amongst mates or good dog folk then no stud fee should be charged and pups are given free.

If price had to come into it i'd pay cash and the litter would be all mine to do with what i wanted,end of stud deal sort of thing but i myself would never give a pup over as payment to be honest but if it was all amongst mates or good dog folk then no stud fee should be charged and pups are given free.

In my experience, the best dogs change hands among friends and are freely given.

• Like 1

the thing is. the worst sort of dog folk.(to me anyway) are those that think they can get to the top of the ladder . but dont use all the rungs on the way up. folk with a bit of cash can be the worst. they really do think that money can buy success. well not in the dog world. clueless clowns with a bit of cash will ruin a dog as quick if not quicker. :bad:

Thus, approved bitches. As I mentioned, I don't want his name or mine on shit anywhere.

• Like 1

If someone had brought a good bitch to me and offered me money to use my dog , rather than giving me a pup back I wouldn't let them use my dog. For a few reasons really but mainly because if their not in it for the money then giving a pup back shouldn't be a problem. But then so many people say one thing and do another when it comes to breeding a litter !

• Like 1

If I had a male someone felt worth breeding to, due to his ancestry AND quality, I would need to feel the same about his Bitch and there would be Pups changing Hands, but no money. The Pups would be the ONLY reason for the pairing and the future of the working Terrier the driving force, for all of us benefitting from the Litter.

• Like 1

if i enquired about the service of a dog and the owner was looking a stud fee im afraid that would end of conversation if he said two pups not a prob pick of litter not a prob but not a penny would i part

What happens if you really wanted too use the dog though and it was well proven. You would not pay the money to potentially get a real good pup because of some silly issue with parting with money? Strange!!

• Like 3

Thus, approved bitches. As I mentioned, I don't want his name or mine on shit anywhere.

well hickory if you dont want his name or yours on shit anywhere then just say NO and forget about the 1000 dollars crap cause as cleanspade says it the guys with money that are usually the worst idiots and think they can buy there way to a good kennell of dogs with out the hard work just let him cover bitches you know are genuine with genuine owners you may only cover a small amount of bitches but least you ll know the pups will be well bred and given a fair chance .
  • Like 4

if i enquired about the service of a dog and the owner was looking a stud fee im afraid that would end of conversation if he said two pups not a prob pick of litter not a prob but not a penny would i part

What happens if you really wanted too use the dog though and it was well proven. You would not pay the money to potentially get a real good pup because of some silly issue with parting with money? Strange!!

well if the owner of the good dog that was well proven thought anything of his good dog and the future of his blood then i doubt he d be looking money plus i always found the genuine dogs belonged to genuine lads so mr money grabber would never get a penny of me as id rather keep to the lads that think more of there charges than a quick buck!
  • Like 5