the start of the new kennels....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@newkid, thats a great offer thanks but a little to far from me :-(...   heres the kennel up 2 today...hopefully roof + doors be on weekend...run is oderd and will be with me in 2weeks...  

block worki finished...tile the inside next and plaster the outside, finish off to 6.5 ft with wood with coregated iorn roof...run panels are oderd...should be finished in the next week or 2!!! cant w

Look forward to your progress

Posted Images

Nice one mate coming on well ..... My mate has greyhound kennels we made him a new kennel last year... Concrete pad, steel frame and Cladded roof and walls it's basically a small industrial unit...

after cheap wall tiles, any 1 got ideas weres the cheapest place to get these?

Why dont you just paint the inside and outside with waterproof masonary paint..it might take a couple of coat's but it will work out cheaper than tiling it i would think..

• Like 1

B&Q are doing some porcelain floor tiles for about £7 a meter at the moment even less if you have a trade card. Not the best quality but alot better than any red/white bodied tile you can get as porcelain isn't as absorbent and will help keep the smell down.

Pegleg

A good idea when building kennels is to put the gutter at the foot of the bed section, between the run and bed, with a decent 4" step up to the bed area. Most people have the gutter at the front of the runs. It makes washing the runs out 10 times easier as you just chuck a bucket of water from the entrance towards the bed, a lot easier than chucking it from within the run to the door.

:thumbs:

• Like 1

its up 2 400 quid as it sits. 300 quid for the metal work, luckly having wood and tiles for free :-) just need 2 buy corigated iorn then job done

I'm in Devon but I've got a fair bit of corrugted sheeting in the yard you could have for free ( I see you've got an Irish flag so may not be anygood) but if you are fairly close your welcome to it.....