HOW MANY KILLS IN A LIFETIME

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seeing as I catch rabbits for a living all year round thats very believable ... an average of 150 rabbits a week over 40 weeks comes to 6000 rabbits so pretty easy to do realy and that's without my we

what would you spend the tenner on trigger .

Sounds about right to who ??, you?. How can you say who's catching what in a year and who's telling porkies. Don't judge people by your own standards mate, fifteen hundred rabbits in a season to a d

I think it's obvious that the majority of lads that get decent bags have to travel to get them ! It's no good moaning about the number of rabbits you see, if you are only going around the doors ! Likewise the people who don't believe the lads who catch big bags, but are not prepared to travel themselves !! Like everything else, you only get out of it, what you put into it !! :thumbs:

Cheers.

• Like 4

I think it's obvious that the majority of lads that get decent bags have to travel to get them ! It's no good moaning about the number of rabbits you see, if you are only going around the doors ! Likewise the people who don't believe the lads who catch big bags, but are not prepared to travel themselves !! Like everything else, you only get out of it, what you put into it !! :thumbs:

Cheers.

spot on , its that in a nutshell, if you want big bags you got go out and find'em . But as long as your dog sees game 10 or 20 rabbits your working it, and thats what its about :yes:

The thing is people who haven't seen a heavily populated area of rabbits just don't understand the numbers you can take in a night or year, I think they would pass out at the first gate if I took them to ground iv ran with the dogs, feck me we've done over a ton with bull x's in about 3 hours, yes a fair few squatters amongst them but when there's that number of rabbits in a field you can't just go and kick it up so you can have a decent run, it just don't work like that no matter how much you would want it..

You none believers of number possibilitys stick to your 6 bunnies seen per night, I truly hope you enjoy them, but until you've seen decent numbers field after field night after night then you can't really comment on what's possible..

I have always said similar.

Reality most lads are buzzing with 20 rabbits between 3 dogs and dont know what a real night out is.

These lads however are happy to breed and pass dogs about stating " top dog catches bags full and will fill a freezer".

I dont keep count never have and wont either. I have found a few receipts from game dealers in glove box that are impressive, diarys and photo albums dont do it for me each to their own...

I dont disbelive many folks when they are talking about what the get in a night or day, Good luck to them its harder than ever to get good ground to hunt, permission is gold dust if folk have got good ground they will get good numbers and dogs will have to be to a certain standard to go to war night after night..

I have had good bits that are baran now, could say I was the victim of own success :icon_redface:

Edited by Giro

who cares, if my dog does what i ask, im happy

was thinking the same some people its all about numbers i just into enjoying the we dogs work and if they catch its a bonus lol

In fairness it's not about numbers for me, far from it, I was just blessed like some others with a lot of ground with a lot of bunnies..I still did the ground that you'd walk field after field and only see 3 or 4.. After moving Iv now got Very little in the way of rabbity ground unless I want a 2hr trip back north for a night or two or ten lol

Cheers.

I totally agree, but it can't happen forever.

You get a good place, lots of game, then lots of folk catch on to it, and sooner or later its f****d one way or another.

Quite happy to travel for the game and some of my land is quite a drive, wasn't really moaning about the numbers remenising really, i'm happy as I am really as long as I get out and the dogs see something thats good enough for me.

Often wondered how many kills a dog makes in its lifetime, my saluki whip in 5 seasons has taken 1500 plus rabbits to some guys may sound a lot but ive no doubt some guys on here think thats nothing and may well be to their dogs kill rate, so genuine replies please. I stopped keeping records due to work commitments, but would like to hear your comments.YIS KIC. :thumbs:

i wouldnt like to even try and guess how many rabbits my old dog has caught over his lifetime. but i reckon if someone sent me a card for Xmas with a pound in for every rabbit he had actually caught then i reckon i would be a very happy man. :thumbs:

Guest bigdaddylongchopper

Often wondered how many kills a dog makes in its lifetime, my saluki whip in 5 seasons has taken 1500 plus rabbits to some guys may sound a lot but ive no doubt some guys on here think thats nothing and may well be to their dogs kill rate, so genuine replies please. I stopped keeping records due to work commitments, but would like to hear your comments.YIS KIC. :thumbs:

i wouldnt like to even try and guess how many rabbits my old dog has caught over his lifetime. but i reckon if someone sent me a card for Xmas with a pound in for every rabbit he had actually caught then i reckon i would be a very happy man. :thumbs:

what would you spend the tenner on trigger .

• Like 6

Actually just looked at the log books and it is closer to 5000 rabbits a year so the dog averages 2,500 ..............

Good laugh this site, the land of f*****g make believe at times

dont you just love it ,especially that socks .hes the best on here 5000 shushies ,and the dawg got half of em

Seeing as I catch rabbits for a living all year round thats very believable ... an average of 150 rabbits a week over 40 weeks comes to 6000 rabbits so pretty easy to do realy and that's without my weekend hunting on the plains which normally equates to a hundred rabbits .... I have had 4 guys on this site work with me over the last few weeks and between the both jobs which took 15 days we killed over 400 rabbits ...... So John John just cos you ain't seen it don't mean it isn't true .........

oh i seen it my friend ,thats why i know you a stretcher mate. you cant bluff a bluffer ,you should know that same as the other joker on here aint killed 16 fen hares ,you be arguing next who seen the plain first .boss boss it was me honest .

Actually just looked at the log books and it is closer to 5000 rabbits a year so the dog averages 2,500 ..............

Good laugh this site, the land of f*****g make believe at times

dont you just love it ,especially that socks .hes the best on here 5000 shushies ,and the dawg got half of em

Seeing as I catch rabbits for a living all year round thats very believable ... an average of 150 rabbits a week over 40 weeks comes to 6000 rabbits so pretty easy to do realy and that's without my weekend hunting on the plains which normally equates to a hundred rabbits .... I have had 4 guys on this site work with me over the last few weeks and between the both jobs which took 15 days we killed over 400 rabbits ...... So John John just cos you ain't seen it don't mean it isn't true .........

oh i seen it my friend ,thats why i know you a stretcher mate. you cant bluff a bluffer ,you should know that same as the other joker on here aint killed 16 fen hares ,you be arguing next who seen the plain first .boss boss it was me honest .

Seems to me fella that all your posts are argumentative and you have only come on here to argue or stir the shit with everybody ... If that's your game go down your local and start an arguement with real

people instead of doing it sitting behind your computer in the safety of your house

Now I realy couldn't care less whether you believe what I say or not fella you are insignificant to me and your opinions mean nothing to me

Happy hunting John John ..............