Guest Ditch_Shitter

Aside from genuinely wondering what ye want to mince rabbits for; I've always found the one's ye screw clamp to a surface are a right pain in the arse. They Always seem to work loose and will Always wreck what ever ye clamp them to :(

Then there's the cleaning out of the damn things. Too much like hard work for me. Hate them!

Ditch, i to are starting to think about mincing my own, i buy packs of frozen meat etc for the dogs, and to be honest it looks like shite, then again tonight i came home with eighty five rabbits that will more likely than not end up as compost for growing stuff on, then theres squirrels ,venison trimmings, tripes etc all readily available just needs mincing and packaging, and i am for some strange reason paying 50p a pack for frozen muck, time to start looking for an industrial mincer. :big_boss::hmm:

i have used mincers in the past and dont bother anymore but if you do use one the best way to clean them out is run some wholemeal bread or brown bread though them after and mix it in with the flesh its also good for you dogs :D;) go to the bakers at the end off the day they will give it you cheap ..

Ditch, i to are starting to think about mincing my own, i buy packs of frozen meat etc for the dogs, and to be honest it looks like shite, then again tonight i came home with eighty five rabbits that will more likely than not end up as compost for growing stuff on, then theres squirrels ,venison trimmings, tripes etc all readily available just needs mincing and packaging, and i am for some strange reason paying 50p a pack for frozen muck, time to start looking for an industrial mincer. :big_boss::hmm:

thats exactly what i want it for mole trapper :D:D:D

why not just cut it up into daily potions and frezzer bag it one sharp machtee and and lump of wood to cut them on is all you need ..why mince it the dog has teeth in its head for the plus it cleans them at the same time ....

Guest LamperJohn

dogs fed mince meat regular will suffer in the long run with bad dental decay,because there not working there jaws properly,whole carcasses are a must for decent teeth

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Ah. With ye now. Yeppers; Ever since seeing my uncle use a f*ck off great industrial machine to mince shit, I fancied one. I figured if that's what a pro' of his calibre used, I wanted one.

Weird thing is, I don't remember my Dad ever using one :blink: Like, I'm 'sure' I remember he had one. But I only remember everything (cows and sheeps heads, veg etc) being boiled in this f*ck off great boiler. Then it was all just squeezed and squashed by hand ~ mine, usually ~ and fed as a broth. But that was to racing greyhounds and well, lets face it; They're meant to live fast, die young. Their teeth don't usually get to become a problem before no one cares what their teeth are doing.

(Just for clarity here; My people Trained Greyhounds. Other people Owned them and it was they who decided when a Dog wasn't worth it's kennel and training fees)

Anyway, Grey's are fed wet because they're inveterate bolters. Bolters can bloat. But at the same time, slinging meat and bones to a kennel full of super tuned athletes isn't practical. With just a handful of Dogs? Why not? I do it every day.

Snoops and John are dead on the money there. I agree wholeheartedly. I have my hatchet and my tree stump. Every night I simply chop some breasts of lamb, ox tongues, hearts, what ever and chuck the right portions in each bowl. Then I position each bowl in it's proper corner and open this door. One almighty rush and all ye can hear is cracking bones.

If I forget to take their stuff out of the freezer? So what? They get deep frozen meat. Makes absolutely no differance to them. ALL my Dogs have the cleanest, whitest, healthiest teeth ye could imagine :good:

Oh; And even a Greyhound can't bolt chunks of meat laden bone. They need to break it up to get it in their necks. No bolting. No bloating. Great teeth!

You people want industrial mincers? I've got four of them right here. To clean them out I just open the front door! :laugh:

Hey, MT; What happened to my chain glove? :tongue2:

Guest Frank
why not just cut it up into daily potions and frezzer bag it one sharp machtee and and lump of wood to cut them on is all you need ..why mince it the dog has teeth in its head for the plus it cleans them at the same time ....

:yes:

• 2 weeks later...

ive got a hobart 22 industrial mincer for sale

• 9 months later...

ive got a hobart 22 industrial mincer for sale

hi mate,just a shot in the dark.....have you still got mincer?????cheers