Mozzies and biting flies.... influencing rutting routine?

Maybe i'm getting soft... but has anyone else notice the truely staggering amount of mozzies, midges and biting flies (ie horse flies and their darker relatives) this season. I've been out a few times where the deer are known to be on the ground, the weather conditions are just right and everything simply screams buttolo-call but the amouint of fauna in the air makes you wish you were wearing a realtree bee-keeper suit. Its left me scratching my head... and i'm not talking about all the bites and lumps. Any possibility that rutting is taking place mainly at night when the little buggers are less of a ball-ache?

Maybe i'm getting soft... but has anyone else notice the truely staggering amount of mozzies, midges and biting flies (ie horse flies and their darker relatives) this season. I've been out a few times where the deer are known to be on the ground, the weather conditions are just right and everything simply screams buttolo-call but the amouint of fauna in the air makes you wish you were wearing a realtree bee-keeper suit. Its left me scratching my head... and i'm not talking about all the bites and lumps. Any possibility that rutting is taking place mainly at night when the little buggers are less of a ball-ache?

Yes but no but ................ we lamped one of our shooting grounds where we take 60 Roe of per annum for 4 hours the other night and never saw one deer!!!

went to another one and shot 2 Bucks within half an hour before the fog dropped!

Weird eh

They are a nightmare this year and them horrible horse fly thing's..insect repelant work's on them but they is a product on the market called skin so soft..it was not origionaly a insect repelent but has been found out that it work's to good effect..the only down side you end up smelling like a whore's handbag.. :D

They are a nightmare this year and them horrible horse fly thing's..insect repelant work's on them but they is a product on the market called skin so soft..it was not origionaly a insect repelent but has been found out that it work's to good effect..the only down side you end up smelling like a whore's handbag.. :D

That might attract The Bucks better than the Buttolo call .lol

My missis uses skin so soft on the horses, and it seems to work on them,but jesus you are right about the smell