Advice BSA ultra xl tactical

the xl lightning would have the power to stop a fox with a clean headshot behind the eye however the xl lightning is a spring rifle and getting a nice tight group at 30 to 40 yards may prove difficult my advice is spend the extra 100 quid and get the ultra !!!! just last night i hit a rabbit just behind the eye instant kill at 65 yards no recoil so there was less chance of missing or even worse injuring the poor thing i have had a couple of foxes with my ultra but it must be a headshot behind the eye pcp shooting is more popular because its more accurate and most importantly more humane ...god luck mate

In my opinion the only humane killing air rifle for a fox will be something like the Benjamin Rogue, the sub 12 Ultra will not have enough power! Even if you are out on aim, the Rogue will have enough capability to kill in one shot. Seeing as the OP is in Northen Ireland I am assuming he has the necessary license for an air rifle, why not get something with a lot more power, no difference in having an FAC or sub 12 power over there...

In my opinion the only humane killing air rifle for a fox will be something like the Benjamin Rogue, the sub 12 Ultra will not have enough power! Even if you are out on aim, the Rogue will have enough capability to kill in one shot. Seeing as the OP is in Northen Ireland I am assuming he has the necessary license for an air rifle, why not get something with a lot more power, no difference in having an FAC or sub 12 power over there...

tryin to keep the cost low as the funds aint high !

how much would it be ? :hmm:

Thing is though where the OP is it is as easy to get an FAC, so something like a .25 pcp firing heavies would be ideal for him, he can have the power up with no problems! Get a .25 firing 30.5 grain at 700 fps, the results would be devastating...

Edited by secretagentmole