Advice BSA ultra xl tactical

Hi

If you are talking about the ultra then its a fantastic gun for the price and will match the top price guns any day. Some one on this site will say the cocking is absolutely terrible but you do get use to it.

I have one and i have had it regged i will have 55-60 shots using 10.3gr pellets running at 11.7ish lb about 712-715 fps with 4-5 fps spread. Some of the blokes i shoot with can not believe how good this gun is

Hi

If you are talking about the ultra then its a fantastic gun for the price and will match the top price guns any day. Some one on this site will say the cocking is absolutely terrible but you do get use to it.

I have one and i have had it regged i will have 55-60 shots using 10.3gr pellets running at 11.7ish lb about 712-715 fps with 4-5 fps spread. Some of the blokes i shoot with can not believe how good this gun is

Hi thanks for the advice. Also is the ultra you have a multi shot or single shot and which is better? And on a site i was lookning at done a write up about its "micro-movement cocking system" is this the cocking mechanism which people find terrible ? also does it take cartrages or is it break barrel sorry for the pathetic questions dont be harsh im a newbie lol :angel:

Mine is a single shot beware of early multishots with old magazines that are black and silver there rubbish later mags are red .22 blue .177 these work spot on. These rifles are pcp pre charged pneumatic so you will need either a pump or dive tank to refill the air cylinder

I've got one in .25 flavour that's refuges have to say its a fantastic rifle the cocking mechanism is not too everyone's taste but I like it. You won't go far wrong buying one

Atb

Kev

Thanks kev for reasurance just want to make sure i dont go wrong yano

Happy hunting

Jerome

Mine is a single shot beware of early multishots with old magazines that are black and silver there rubbish later mags are red .22 blue .177 these work spot on. These rifles are pcp pre charged pneumatic so you will need either a pump or dive tank to refill the air cylinder

Not sure about the drive tanks would they not cost additional costs and by how much ?

atb jerome

hi mate if its deffo an ultra then a superb pcp. but just to make sure mate. there is a bsa lightning xl tactical which is a springer not being funny but the xl in the title would point to a lightning. dont get me wrong both are cracking rifles for the money i have had both.

hi mate if its deffo an ultra then a superb pcp. but just to make sure mate. there is a bsa lightning xl tactical which is a springer not being funny but the xl in the title would point to a lightning. dont get me wrong both are cracking rifles for the money i have had both.

U can tell im new to it lol

I would maybe be better off with the lightning as its less complicated than a pcp and i would like to keep it simple for the first time. but would pcps have more or less power than spring rifles? :hmm:

hi mate i have the ultra in 177 fantastic gun very light i also have the single shot version the micro movement cocking is weird at first but it becomes second nature i purely ise this gun for hunting and its amazing using my rangefinder for accurate pellet placing i can easily kill rabbits and pigeons out to 60 yards (and sometimes more ) very good gun at £300 quid new in tactical its a bargain

hi mate i have the ultra in 177 fantastic gun very light i also have the single shot version the micro movement cocking is weird at first but it becomes second nature i purely ise this gun for hunting and its amazing using my rangefinder for accurate pellet placing i can easily kill rabbits and pigeons out to 60 yards (and sometimes more ) very good gun at £300 quid new in tactical its a bargain

Nice one michael would the lightning be any good for foxes as the land around my house has foxes in them and are ruining veg patches and killing my hens???

:victory: