shooters get a lot of blame

how come our spot and livelyhoods are put into the lime light but more people are killed by other means :hmm: :hmm:

We may only have around 40 gun deaths a year in the UK but we still have around 800 homocides .We have 60 million population, the US has 300 million .I dont think we have less murders simply because guns are outlawed here - I think we have a different temperament. If we had sensible everyday people here with licensed firearms I dont think the numbers would be much different except we would have less burgled and molested vunerable people such as the elderly.... Outlawing guns in the US will just give another impossible enforcement task to the police force and wont actually change the numbers of guns on the streets. Do something about the winner /loser mentality of the people in the US and things might change.A kid should be better valued for his or her ideas /academic contribution/charitable works than for being a good cheerleader or basketball player....

Well said Sean, a man of my heart, couldn't have said it better myself, its not the gun that kills its the person pulling the trigger, you could just as well mow people down in your Car no difference to me its still the person behind the wheel. and this as already been done so nothing new, did they try to ban all cars off the road "i don't think so": Dave

Well said Sean, a man of my heart, couldn't have said it better myself, its not the gun that kills its the person pulling the trigger, you could just as well mow people down in your Car no difference to me its still the person behind the wheel. and this as already been done so nothing new, did they try to ban all cars off the road "i don't think so": Dave

not really true!!! yes a car is dangerous and can kill BUT not in nearly half as many circumstances as a gun and legally its alot easier to get a gun licence than a car licence and a hell of alot cheaper to!!!! JMO.... :thumbs:

not really true!!! yes a car is dangerous and can kill BUT not in nearly half as many circumstances as a gun and legally its alot easier to get a gun licence than a car licence and a hell of alot cheaper to!!!! JMO.... :thumbs:

if your going to kill someone with a car do you realy think youd be bothered with having a licence

if your going to kill someone with a car do you realy think youd be bothered with having a licence

same with a gun.... ;)

• Like 1

I would like everyone that is granted a shotgun/fac cert have to go on a gun safety course before being granted the certificate, i say this because there are far too many certificate holders who are not safe to themselves and to others. A few years back i was a shotgun and safety instructor at my local C.P.C, A guy came on to a layout for a card of down the line, i was marking the card, he had a misfire i told him to stand Ware he was and not to open the gun which he did and closed it again,and not to turn round, he ignored me turned around as i was walking to wards him when the gun went off as he inadvertently touched the trigger nearly shooting me in the legs. subsequently he was banned from ever coming again, but that was a prime example of a gun in the wrong hands: Dave

Seems to be the thing to do now...if you have a gripe with a neighbour/official then'go shoot a lot of people....maybe they need to to consider who they are giving guns to instead of banning anything...The loony Hamilton who shot the kids in Dunblane was a firearms holder....who knows what the answer is

around 63% of the population of legal age hold a full driving licence.

yes and spent alot more than the £50 needed to get a shotgun one!!!,,,, :thumbs:

yes and spent alot more than the £50 needed to get a shotgun one!!!,,,, :thumbs:

what's the price got to do with it ?? it's the case that they are owned ;) (ok what about the bloody joy riders,cars being damaged,cars being broke into nothing said ?? ;):( ok put it this way going by your user name you have a lurcher ?? but are you a p***y/gypsie ?? are you a thief maybe/maybe not ;) just coz you have a lucher doesn't make you a p***y/gypsie and doesn't mean you are a thief being a p***y/gypsie ;) i know a family of foremetioned that will go out of there way to help free of charge people in need and not one of them has a record ;):) if you read my 1st post it says poss 40 a year killed and what has been said is that more people are killed by cars and other means there is more other crimes commited but guns are always jumped upon :( with a car you can cause an accident and do alot od damage,kill and injured but all that gets mentioned on news is that there was a car pile up

the point that is being made is shooters get bad press ;) ;) :( :(

Edited by ace21498

most of those 40 are illegal firearms anyway so banning guns would make no difference. And as the 800 murders suggests if someone wants to kill someone they will do it with any means possible. The papers make out that guns make killing so much easier if that were the case we'd have a lot more murders with guns since its not exactly hard to get an illegal one or even a legal one!

When you see anything on the news when someone as been shot, like man went on rampage killing 4 people, they never tell you whether the gun was held illegally, but no matter we'll still call for a total gun ban: Dave

If you want a gun to murder someone then you can easily find someone willing to sell for a few hundred quid, it's the people who want to use a gun for legal reasons who suffer from the few people who use guns for crime. I don't think everyone having a gun is a good idea, there are too many deaths in the US from trigger happy dickheads overreacting due to fear or stupidity (or alcohol or an accident) but with reaonable licensing I can't see a big problem.

I've said it before and ill say it again, I could have picked up a sawn off shotty within a day or so, but instead chose to jump through hoops and wait 7 months to do it the proper way. A level of gun control is needed but here's the crux of the issue: the justice system doesn't work. The prison service is ineffective. So there's no deterrent. So people blame shooters instea of the system. Happens all the time!

If I was going to murder someone would I use my own, or buy an illegal untraceable one?

If I was going loopy but didn't have access to firearms, would I not bother, or use a car, knife, etc etc?

People need to open their eyes and get a grip I think :yes: