Gifted an "old" air rifle.

I was gifted an "old" air rifle from friends of my parents today. I must admit i was expecting an old springer on its last legs but to my very great surprise it turned out to be a little gem.

I use an AirArms S400 for my pestie work so when i was handed a Daystate PH6 i was over the moon. Never seen one before but its a unique looking rifle oozing character.

Colt type 6 shot wheel fixed magazine, winchester style side loading plate, solid cnc machined breechblock, brass swan neck bolt, beech stock, Simmons 6-18x40 scope.........I could go on. :thumbs:

Going to strip it down for a good clean tomorrow and then off to the Gunroom in Ivybridge for a

service/seal change.

Been reading up on them this evening and the only real gripe seems to be the loading of the

magazine but its got to be easier than the AirArms S400. Was thinking of trading in my 400 for

a 410/510 but will keep it now as a back up.

Happy days :boogy:

• 1 month later...

Well the PH6 is now back from Daystate after having a full service. Whilst the action was away i stripped down the stock, stained and oiled it. Not a bad job if i do say so myself.

post-45526-0-25857900-1346946492.jpg

Had a few snags with the scope that came with the rifle so traded it in for a Hawke.

Took it up one of my permissions to get it zero'd in. Just finished doing this when a squirrel caught

my eye. 28m up a tree, first shot in anger = first blood to the PH6. Happy Days.

post-45526-0-44516600-1346946253.jpg

Ratting over the winter is going to be a pleasure with this rifle.