Pure Greyhounds

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Iam with CP on this one, greyhound is there mainly for the speed, other breeds are added to suite the ground and quarry.   The main problem with greyhounds and heavily saturated greyhound crosses is

Good post born to run1083 the correct blood is very very important regardless if it comes from the greyhound,collie,bull etc etc.   A greyhound could be a champion on the track but will that always

You are missing my point..... courage, bull or beddy will give you that! Desire to chase, any sight hound will give you that ! Biddability, your'e having a laugh ! Athletiicism, any well conditioned d

My first greyhound was an 8yr old ex coursing bitch I was given by a neighbour when I first started ferreting, she was a nightmare around cats and had to be kept chained and muzzled as she would kill the ferret and all the neighbours pets given the opportunity

Belter on rabbits though.. Never tried her on other quarry although I bet she'd have made bits of a fox

Next grey I had was too small for the track, she was a bit of a nightmare tbh, wouldnt run on wet ground, would stop if she came to a ditch, puddle or a hedge... And all I was running at the time was rabbits

Gave her to a english lad up the road and when he moved back to uk he brought her with him.

Guest born to run1083

Me dads got one now he paid good money for it as a pup it seems to be doing what is asked of it and 9times out of 10 when out with it you forget it's a greyhound, it jumps, retrieves, works cover where he can fit. Will literal run all day but I know the biggest thing is how long he will last. My dads wasted alot of time and money on greys. They do well and last for around 3 years of a working life then they seem to start jibbing. Well that's my dads opinion lol he's always had a working grey around him since he was a young lad. it seems to be hard to find one that has a longevity of a working life like a Lurcher. They are out there but they are a true rarity.

iv got a young 9mth old bitch iv had since 6weeks coming on well but only time will tell? but my old bitch could do her job on whatever you wanted her to run but she was at her best on hares pre ban but as with all grey's she lacked stamina on long days

If you've got some seriously rough terrain to run then i'd forget it.....poor bugger would be in the kennel more than in the field.... :thumbs:

my mate got a greyhound once , we went out for a few runs , the first run it fooked off :laugh: :laugh: we never seen it again :hmm:

Sheep?????????... :icon_eek: