lets see sum plummer's

Never seen a plumber terrier me what terriers are they made from and why do they have fits and die early as someone said in this thread? ,, some nice terriers on here

Beagle, bull, fell and russell blood was used in their creation :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

one of the dog pups i bred out of meg 5 weeks

Here's mine

Here's my brown russel.. ..he will be 14yr old come september..  

Posted Images

yet to have owt worth writing about, that one old dog , but last off he would get knocked about and i only used him in easy spots, hand on heart i didnt want the old dog to quit after 9 yrs or so.

Had a nice bitch that was also a looker, she had a few fits and then was pts.

i wouldnt have bred from her if i had known about the fits.

my hearts out of plummers, fingers crossed the" black slugs" make it

Nice to see a bloke that has given them a bash and is genuine and honest about what he did with them earthwork wise :thumbs:
  • Like 1

They are made up of beagle, fell, bull and Russell.

There is a fair few lads out there that are commited to working there Plummers. The problem is there is more people in the breed that are committed to the show scene and nothing else. There dogs catch a few rats every now and again and they think that means there workers. People are also still trying to breed to type first and foremost instead of worker to worker. This alone will hold the breed back.

• Like 2

did the bitch that was put to him recently take at all?

Sadly she did not take and that will be Rip's last chance..his tri colour grand son is a decent dog though..and i'm sure it won't be firing blank's.. :D

• Like 2

did the bitch that was put to him recently take at all?

Sadly she did not take and that will be Rip's last chance..his tri colour grand son is a decent dog though..and i'm sure it won't be firing blank's.. :D

sorry to hear that . there are less and less tried and tested older terriers about that can bring some good older lines to the front. ah well at least the old boy got a last chance to get his leg over :thumbs:

• Like 1

There is a fair few lads out there that are commited to working there Plummers. The problem is there is more people in the breed that are committed to the show scene and nothing else. There dogs catch a few rats every now and again and they think that means there workers. People are also still trying to breed to type first and foremost instead of worker to worker. This alone will hold the breed back.

The father of my first bitch stayed 28 hours in a very deep place-couldnt be registered as he was tricoloured-i.m.o thats the problem with the breed-other plummer marked dogs (basenjis,king charles spaniels,beagles)also come in tricolour-it may not be worthwhile trying to breed out.If people breed for colour and show points then other qualities are bound to suffer.

• Like 5

The father of my first bitch stayed 28 hours in a very deep place-couldnt be registered as he was tricoloured-i.m.o thats the problem with the breed-other plummer marked dogs (basenjis,king charles spaniels,beagles)also come in tricolour-it may not be worthwhile trying to breed out.If people breed for colour and show points then other qualities are bound to suffer.

There are ''authorities' on the type that would disagree tinytiger.......There are also a huge number of once useful breeds that are now second rate working dogs at best,that prove it to be true..........

• 1 month later...

One thing I come across when I read up on these dogs is there very biddable and make good ferreting,bushing dogs.

When the time comes for my cocker too enter the pearly gates wife permitting one may be on the list

He has a good few years left in him yet though

• Like 2