whippets making noise

HI all this may sound daft but I want a whippet but it will have to live outside, my neighbour is a pain in the .... always complains about noise, do they bark a lot? Or make much noise generally?

Cheers lads and lasses

Doesn't matter what dog it is if your going to excersice it regular then theres a very good chance that it will be quiet in the kennel. If you leave it on its own for hours on end then it may very well whine/bark the place down.

• Like 4

Mine live in and out mate, There kennelled outside during the day and sleep in at night. I don't know i've got them as long as they get there walk in a morning and evening they just chill in the run all day. Just make sure they have a draught proof sleeping area in the run with plenty of bedding during the winter months and they should be fine.

HI all this may sound daft but I want a whippet but it will have to live outside, my neighbour is a pain in the .... always complains about noise, do they bark a lot? Or make much noise generally?

Cheers lads and lasses

Doesn't matter what dog it is if your going to excersice it regular then theres a very good chance that it will be quiet in the kennel. If you leave it on its own for hours on end then it may very well whine/bark the place down.

Never ever though i'd agree with you Lab pmsl

• Like 2

Dogs don't like being left on their own: it's a pack thing. If you are going to leave a dog for long periods of time: like out at work, then it is kinder and fairer to have two dogs so that they are company for each other.

Mine is normally quiet about the house, but he is one of the first to bark if anyone comes in the yard!

He also does this Boooo, woooooooo, woooooooooooo thing when he is pleased to see someone :laugh:

Cheers lads and lasses

I like to add some sense in with all the pish.........next sensible post pencilled in around late August, look out for it.......... :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 2

Cheers lads and lasses

I like to add some sense in with all the pish.........next sensible post pencilled in around late August, look out for it.......... :laugh::thumbs:

Your right though Lab, The amount of folk who contact me having problems with whippet pups being noisy and doing the wall of death around there living room, when asked how far they walk it,and for them to say we don't get time during the week!!! shouldn't have a f****n dog!!. No wonder it's crawling the bloody walls!!!. My dogs wouldn't be half as good in the kennels if they didn't get a good run in the morning and evening....

• Like 1

Same as above mate. Dogs whine for a number of reasons including boredom but from my experience, adult dogs that whine or bark mainly do so as there is attention involved so the dog thinks that barking = affection (good or bad) or any form of attention such as pulling the dog toward you to "calm it down". The trick is to nip it in the bud when the dog is still a young pup - any breed. I think that some people have trouble laying the law down when a pup is young because they see it as being cute when it barks and whines. What they don't realise is that this will become learned behavior for when the dog grows up and is no longer a cute little puppy!

ATB

Sam

Cheers lads and lasses

Your right though Lab, The amount of folk who contact me having problems with whippet pups being noisy and doing the wall of death around there living room, when asked how far they walk it,and for them to say we don't get time during the week!!! shouldn't have a f****n dog!!. No wonder it's crawling the bloody walls!!!. My dogs wouldn't be half as good in the kennels if they didn't get a good run in the morning and evening....

I like when folk say to me......"Do you know of any pups going?" and i say "Who for?"........They say "Us/Me"............But they work full time and are just looking for a pet....."What kind you after?" ........"We were think spaniel"...................... :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: "Eh, no sorry i dont know.......... :bye: "

Its only a matter of time then you see them again and all they do is moan about the dog saying its hyper....."So would you be ya f*****g clown if you got left on your own all day and only got out for a pish!!!... :censored:

Cheers lads and lasses

Mally, I have one next door to me. The thing barks at anything and everything - recently got told that it's started barking at its food bag. Then they let it into the front garden and it runs rings around the garden for about 5 minutes flat but they think it's funny because the dog is having a mad spell. Poor dog! I don't know how it doesn't occur to people that they need exercise...

ATB

Sam