Remington 700 or tikka t3

Which do you prefer remington 700 sps synthetic/stainless or the tikka t3 synthetic/stainless, I'm torn between the 2 any pro or con's ,which ever i choose will be the drop mag verison and i'll be using it in 243.Remington got the edge because of what you can upgrade it with because its a close call at the moment so fire away with your views please folks .

Did I miss something, is there a new model or are you planning on doing some modifications, the 700SPS Synthetic Stainless comes with a Floor Plate not a magazine, and Tikka are all magazine! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Which do you prefer remington 700 sps synthetic/stainless or the tikka t3 synthetic/stainless, I'm torn between the 2 any pro or con's ,which ever i choose will be the drop mag verison and i'll be using it in 243.Remington got the edge because of what you can upgrade it with because its a close call at the moment so fire away with your views please folks .

Did I miss something, is there a new model or are you planning on doing some modifications, the 700SPS Synthetic Stainless comes with a Floor Plate not a magazine, and Tikka are all magazine! :thumbs:

Am sure you can get the 700sps with a magazine you just have to pay a lot more I could be wrong though

The 700DM is detachable mag (DM), but that isn't a 700SPS Stainless.

Perhaps there is a new model, can someone find a link? :thumbs:

Tikka T3 - excellent 'out of the box' accuracy, you'll not go wrong with it.

Remington 700 - I love em', but the SPS stocks are shite, they flex real easy. If you buy a Remmy 700 SPS change the stock!

I have both, a 700 in .243ai with a Mcmillan stock and a T3 in 6.5x55 witha Mcmillan stock, I must say I prefer the Remmy, but that's just my opinion.

Hello 243ACK when you say flex was did you have a sound mod on

Pick one up without the action/barrel in and it is real easy to twist it, they are shite, in my opinion!

The T3 synthetic stock I have no experience of so can't really comment but the SPS one's are shocking. I gave mine away to a lad on Stalking Directory, I even paid the postage.....lol

Had the T3 and liked it well enough, but have started using a Tikka M595 and think it is a better rifle than the T3

Cant comment on the remmy, but a mate shoots an ancient Remmy 223 and loves it to bits,, it kills shitloads week in week out.

TBH, if you are comfy with the gun it will probably do what you want well enough.

the 595 is way better quality than the t3 action, which is built to compete at cost to build quality,

but in saying that the accuracy of a standard hunting rifle in the t3 is second to none,

my action sits in a mc millian A5 stock... and i love the fooker.... :)

Snap.

Tikka T3 - excellent 'out of the box' accuracy, you'll not go wrong with it.

Remington 700 - I love em', but the SPS stocks are shite, they flex real easy. If you buy a Remmy 700 SPS change the stock!

I have both, a 700 in .243ai with a Mcmillan stock and a T3 in 6.5x55 witha Mcmillan stock, I must say I prefer the Remmy, but that's just my opinion.

:hmm: :hmm: We all have out experiences, I have a T3 Lite in .223 and a Rem 700SPS Stainless in .308 (and a T3 Hunter in .243), I don't have any problem with the original stock on either ...EXCEPT...neither is much cop, but the Tikka is VERY badly balanced out of the box with NO weight in the rear stock, making the gun front heavy, very front heavy if you fit a moderator. My SPS didn't suffer from this even with a mod fitted, I have since taken about 3" off the flagpole of a barrel it came with, just for convenience! :thumbs:

The T3 Lite took me 2 years, 3 Scopes, 2 Scope Mounts, 3 Moderators, 2 barrel cuts and eventually 150g of lead in the rear stock to get it balanced, exceptional gun now, perhaps the lead would have virtually solved all the problems day one :hmm: .

Many suggested the T3 is in another league to the Rem, this is not my experience on these 2 models, but certainly the T3 Hunter IS better than either out of the box, and I hate floor plates so the Tikka has it there to!

:thumbs:

post-10759-0-70851300-1351421600.jpg

Edited by Deker

O have the 243 Remington sps and thought the stock was fine and could get some nice groups but I have just put a north star sound mod on and now can't get a group it jumps all over the target so thought had a dodgy sound mod but after hearing it could be the stock am now thinking it is the stock