unexpected dig

was out checking my larsons last thursday with my other half( been off line till now) i was away

up to check one up on the edge of the hill, only when i got half way up i realised id moved it the

morning before, :censored: , any way i headed back home wards and dont ask me why but when i passed a wood i call the "quarry bare wood" something made me stop a check a den that wasnt far off the track, a ideall move in earth (im a keeper so dont start) any way the den in question was a good 6 holer, a deep nasty place, one of the holes had a bit of fleck on, sod it its worth a try i thought, so away back for the terrier...

when we returned i collared her up (the dog that is) and let her go, i trust her nose 100%, she had a sniff at 5 of the holes and no interest, the 6th she entered and showed again a minute or so later, showing no interest i / she called this one a blank.. there was another 3 holer about 100 or so yards down the hill almost on the edge of the barley park, we got there tied her up and checked for signs of life, the bitch was squeaking before id checked the first hole, no dead stuff but plenty of fleck... i un tied her and off she went like a rocket, heart rate increasing , sweaty palms, arrived only to be made worse when i heard that un mistakable sound of "contact" .. we let her settle for ten minutes and got a mark at 1.7 metres... some nugget didnt bring spades etc so i stood guard and she went back home for the tools..

she appreared with spades etc but no pinch. arghhh, so off i went and you guessed it , the ground was that hard compact stuff , full of fist sized stones, ideall ground for the pinch, i got 4 foot or so and my wrists could take no more, a twenty minute wait a the pinch was in my hands, the last foot or so took me as long as the first 4 did, b******s, we broke through to her working her quarry hard, i put the spade in and lifted her out, instantly i realised that she was beyond my diy stitching etc, we dispatched a good sized dog fox , went home cleaned her up ang off down to my understanding but tight fisted vet, but hey id pay more than i did to keep my bitch working... a good dig but none the least very un expected, handy too as my birds are here on the 11th... ;)

was out checking my larsons last thursday with my other half( been off line till now) i was away

up to check one up on the edge of the hill, only when i got half way up i realised id moved it the

morning before, :censored: , any way i headed back home wards and dont ask me why but when i passed a wood i call the "quarry bare wood" something made me stop a check a den that wasnt far off the track, a ideall move in earth (im a keeper so dont start) any way the den in question was a good 6 holer, a deep nasty place, one of the holes had a bit of fleck on, sod it its worth a try i thought, so away back for the terrier...

when we returned i collared her up (the dog that is) and let her go, i trust her nose 100%, she had a sniff at 5 of the holes and no interest, the 6th she entered and showed again a minute or so later, showing no interest i / she called this one a blank.. there was another 3 holer about 100 or so yards down the hill almost on the edge of the barley park, we got there tied her up and checked for signs of life, the bitch was squeaking before id checked the first hole, no dead stuff but plenty of fleck... i un tied her and off she went like a rocket, heart rate increasing , sweaty palms, arrived only to be made worse when i heard that un mistakable sound of "contact" .. we let her settle for ten minutes and got a mark at 1.7 metres... some nugget didnt bring spades etc so i stood guard and she went back home for the tools..

she appreared with spades etc but no pinch. arghhh, so off i went and you guessed it , the ground was that hard compact stuff , full of fist sized stones, ideall ground for the pinch, i got 4 foot or so and my wrists could take no more, a twenty minute wait a the pinch was in my hands, the last foot or so took me as long as the first 4 did, b******s, we broke through to her working her quarry hard, i put the spade in and lifted her out, instantly i realised that she was beyond my diy stitching etc, we dispatched a good sized dog fox , went home cleaned her up ang off down to my understanding but tight fisted vet, but hey id pay more than i did to keep my bitch working... a good dig but none the least very un expected, handy too as my birds are here on the 11th... ;)

well done ally had same sort of luck last week at a den got cubs and the vixen very luky to get her in there

• 1 year later...